Chevy Silverado help from the car/truck guys...

Options
13»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    edited October 2019
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Wait a minute.....you two have met? How did Verb know about the awesomeness of Joe's truck? Inquiring minds want to know...

Shut up Russ.

Tom

one word dipstick :D:D:D

AXPONA .... Joe drove it up verb met us there.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Tom is still a little fuzzy from the meet a couple weeks back. Was a lot of tequila.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Wait a minute.....you two have met? How did Verb know about the awesomeness of Joe's truck? Inquiring minds want to know...

Shut up Russ.

Tom

At Axpona! Joe drove up! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Not to discount the awesomeness but I remember a fairly large repair on that truck back in 2014. Pretty sure I could find the receipt 😜
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Ooooo busted Tom!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,311
    Options
    You mean the brakes? That's not major to me. That's normal, especially when you tow 10K lbs all around town. It was around 2K for rotors, brake service and brake pads though.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited October 2019
    Options
    $2,000 for rotors and pads?

The miles on it are impressive.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • VR3
    Options
    There was a repair around double that, can't remember the particulars
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Ah, that wasn't "a" repair. That was multiple repairs/normal maintenance and it was well over double the cost of the brake service. $4,826.70 to be exact and it was 2015. Heck, she got new tires, a tune up, wheel alignment, oil change, ball joints, leaks corrected, bump stops and front arm, support bearing and then had the steering upper control arms and lower ball joints replaced. Basically fixed everything on the truck so we didn't have to worry about it for a while.

The most expensive item on that ticket was the tires. Everything else was under a grand (read, not major), just a lot of collective basic maintenance that added up. It was a couple of years later that we got the brakes serviced.

Major to me is having to replace the A/C system, rebuild or replace the engine, deal with electrical gremlins, drive train or transmission rebuild or replacement, etc. While the total cost of repairs seemed major, the actual repairs were just normal "maintenance" to me.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    Options
    My FIL's 2003 Avalanche was overheating. He replaced T-stat and Water Pump, which helped, but still was getting too warm at stop-lights. We drained it and then added 1/2 vinegar to 1/2 water to fill, ran it around town, then let it set overnight. Next day coolant drain looked like Yoo-Hoo. Refilled with 50/50 antifreeze and overheating problem was gone.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    ...The most expensive item on that ticket was tires...

No kidding. Tires for my truck run $1,300 every 3 years. The 10-ply for the 3/4 ton sends the price up quite a bit. I could probably stretch it to 4 years, but I’m just not comfortable with that.

A wise man (my grandfather) once told me - “Never skimp on your mattress, your shoes, or your tires.”
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• VR3
    Options
    I hear ya, I am just spoiled by my little go cart, never would own another truck ever... lol

Rock on!
  • treitz3
    Options
    Never say never......Drew said the same thing. He just bought a Ford F-150. Of course, coming from a Beemer, maintenance will probably decrease. His tires alone were $2,400!

*smacks head*

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    Yeah, my car cost less than your tune up... So....... 🤔
  • joecoulson
    Options
    I did my brakes too Tom. Kinda put a little upgrade on em too. Also took off the steps. Made it sportier.
    K&N oil filter, full synthetic 0w20 and cleaned K&N cone air filter. Basically nice 60k tune up.

cu3pg8t4ud9r.jpeg
    l1oc9he32ba4.jpeg
    2wg5zuloacd4.jpeg
  • Nightfall
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Why does everything have super low profile tires these days? They ride like doody, increase chance of bending a rim, for what? A little bit of turn in response?

What are those calipers? OEM?

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    EMO.

• verb
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Why does everything have super low profile tires these days? They ride like doody, increase chance of bending a rim, for what? A little bit of turn in response?

IIRC those are covers. Bolt right onto the OEM, or MOE, calipers. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Yep. Covers on OEM calipers. Power Stop performance rotors and pads.

And I prefer some handling characteristics for my truck ( even though it is a truck) over big tires for off roading that no ones does. Combine the wheels and tires with the performance and suspension upgrades I have done, and you have one fun truck.

To each is own Josh.
  • verb
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Yep. Covers on ORM calipers. Power Stop performance rotors and pads.

And I prefer some handling characteristics for my truck ( even though it is a truck) over big tires for off roading that no ones does. Combine the wheels and tires with the performance and suspension upgrades I have done, and you have one fun truck.

To each is own Josh.

And it looks great! Love the stance! :smile:
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Thanks Dave. It sounds good too doesn’t it? :)
  • Nightfall
    edited December 2019
    Options
    To each his own Josh.

100%

• Viking64
    Options
    TRUCK FITE!!!!!! :#
  • verb
    Options
    Thanks Dave. It sounds good too doesn’t it? :)

Aw yeah! :smile:
  • Viking64
    Options
    The design of the frame is a joke, though. :*