help

bernard
bernard Posts: 1
edited April 2005 in Speakers
i have an onkyo tx 702 and an rm6800 5.1 audio system and two front monitor 70.
can u please help me on how to set it up as 7.1 or if possible can u send me a diagram. the problem is that the sound seems be coming from the four fronts, the front surrounds and the towers. the surround back seems less loud wen i am playing a movie. it doesnt sound like the bose my brother has. also i have two subwoofers that came with the speaker. right now i am using one sub that came from moniter 70 should use the sub that came with the 6800 to hook up the four surround speakers as shown in their owners manual?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited April 2005
    I'm no HT expert, but I'm pretty sure the back surrounds are not suppose to play as loud as the rest and you can thank God that yours doesn't sound like your brothers Blose set up.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Troll alert.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    bernard wrote: »
    i have an onkyo tx 702 and an rm6800 5.1 audio system and two front monitor 70.
    can u please help me on how to set it up as 7.1 or if possible can u send me a diagram. the problem is that the sound seems be coming from the four fronts, the front surrounds and the towers. the surround back seems less loud wen i am playing a movie. it doesnt sound like the bose my brother has. also i have two subwoofers that came with the speaker. right now i am using one sub that came from moniter 70 should use the sub that came with the 6800 to hook up the four surround speakers as shown in their owners manual?

Couple things, you should use the sub that came with the sats in the 6800, they are designed to work together.

Your receiver should be set on large to those channels using the 6800. Adjust the sub accordingly.

You should run the auto calibration, and then tweek it to your liking.

That said, in reality, the 2 speaker systems you have really are not meant for each other. The M70's will overpower the small center speaker and the surrounds. In my opinion, your better off getting a center that plays well with the M70'S, like an A4 or 5, cs series, even an older RT series like the rt400. Surrounds like an older FX series. Most can be had on the used markets under 100 bucks or slightly over.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    This thread is 14 years old
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    supernut wrote: »
    Wow 14 years u must a expert hhhhhaaaaahhhhhhhhh

1y7uf25ggqyy.png
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn