Clear out sale

Hey guys Have several items I need to sell. would prefer local and would meet half way between SA, Houston, Dallas for bigger items.

Marantz NR 1506 slimline receiver, 4 ohm capable, really nice receiver will allow for 4K passthrough. $250.00 will ship at ground cost. as I have original box and packing it came with.

NHT 1.2 VS 5 speaker surround sound set up gloss black. Passive radiators in each tower. $200

Polk Audio Monitor Surround sound set up. Monitor 60 towers, CS 1 center and Monitor 40 for rears. one of the 40s has the occasional buzz, last few times I've tested the speakers though I have not heard it. also one of 40 tweeter dustcaps are slightly pushed in as well but does not affect sound. $150 for all speakers.

Yamaha S1800 universal DVD Player. never used much, been in storage for several years. plays SACD/DVDA along with CD and DVD. burr brown dacs. $50 willing to ship at shipping cost.

Polk LS 50 tower speakers. sound great but one of the woofers is partially detached from metal basket. Can be fixed theres actually a thread from many years ago on the site regarding fixing it but I never got around to it. $40

jrmsvfjcz1yy.jpeg
ykri7x2339xq.jpg
6k66pyk9obiq.jpeg
ljuctjag8an5.jpg
i02m3xhmbcv4.jpg

Main 2ch -
BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22

Comments

• Next in line on the Yammy if Vegas passes..
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Are u in Austin @coolsax?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59
    That NHT setup is a great deal!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Great Polkie prices! That's some pretty good stuff for not much dinero. Wish I could use something you're selling.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    edited September 2019
    Rooftop, I am in Austin
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+

TV 3.1 system -
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Wow....Awesome price on the LS50's!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Yammy gone or???
  • coolsax
    the yamaha is spoken for sorry.
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • coolsax
    Yammy and Monitors have been sold.
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • Bump for a good price on that Marantz AVR!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • coolsax
    bump
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • coolsax
    bump
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I can't believe those LS-50's are still there for that price.
  • Is the Marantz still available? How do you think it would do driving just a Lsim704c center channel? Anyone here tried that/have opinions? I have Lsim705s for fronts hooked up to my Parasound Halo, so I would use the Marantz preouts to home theater bypass on the Halo, and have the Halo drive those.
  • coolsax
    It is still available and it should drive the the 704C just fine since its an 8 ohm speaker. The Marantz is 4 ohm capable and before I upgraded to the Denon 3500 It was driving my Dynaudio Towers just fine.
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • rooftop59
    CottageChz wrote: »
    Is the Marantz still available? How do you think it would do driving just a Lsim704c center channel? Anyone here tried that/have opinions? I have Lsim705s for fronts hooked up to my Parasound Halo, so I would use the Marantz preouts to home theater bypass on the Halo, and have the Halo drive those.

It will drive that center just fine! I used that center in my bedroom with a similar full sized marantz and it sounded great! The only caveat is if you are in a larger room and like to listen to movies loud. But even then assuming you are crossing you center at 80 it should sound very nice...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • @coolsax thanks for the reply. Sending you a PM with some additional questions.

@rooftop59 Thanks for the info man. I don’t have a sub so I won’t be using the crossover, but the amp would be powering only the 704c, and it’s not a big room, so it sounds like I’d be fine.
  • coolsax
    edited November 2019
    NHT speakers are gone!
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • coolsax
    Bump
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • LS 50 still for sale ?
  • coolsax
    They are. Are you local to Austin area?
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I can’t believe that Marantz NR1506 is still here!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Winds of change. Streamers and DACs are replacing CD players due to the convenience of online digital music. I picked up Ryans Denon player which I love but I haven't used it in months. Now until people (like me) stop being lazy and get off their fat asses to plug in a CD ... Besides everyone knows CD's don't provide a unique audio experience over Streamers/DAC's like LP's do. If they did they may have a comeback in the future like mullets, bell bottoms and LP's. I personally am still waiting on the bell bottoms to come back
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • rooftop59
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Winds of change. Streamers and DACs are replacing CD players due to the convenience of online digital music. I picked up Ryans Denon player which I love but I haven't used it in months. Now until people (like me) stop being lazy and get off their fat asses to plug in a CD ... Besides everyone knows CD's don't provide a unique audio experience over Streamers/DAC's like LP's do. If they did they may have a comeback in the future like mullets, bell bottoms and LP's. I personally am still waiting on the bell bottoms to come back

Dude what are u talking about? That marantz is a 5.1 AVR 😂
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    OOPS My bad! Wrong FS ad.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    audioluvr wrote: »

Haven’t you seen the fashion forecasts for this year? Bell bottoms are back, baby
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Universal and Warner just signed a 10 year deal to produce and distribute physical media.

Oh yeah....bump
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Bump
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • rooftop59
    Yes...sell some **** bump
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    Bump
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1