Coincident Dynamo 300b MKIII SET amp

Options
Going to be selling this amp and wanted to give the Polk community a stab at it first. I just purchased this in July and it sat around until a couple of weeks ago when my Zu DWs finally showed up. This unit has less than 40 hours and most likely in the 20s. It is in exactly the condition that it arrived in. It is perfect except for two surface scratches near the rectifier tube which are impossible to photograph and difficult to see because of the transformers and the shiny metal case. When I contacted Coincident, the owner asked me to buff them out (****). Anyway, asking $2200.
Zu Soul Supreme
Coincident Frankenstein mkIII
Esoteric K-07

Comments

• TSWisla
    TSWisla Posts: 446
    Options
    udh84u6er0t0.jpeg
    8p76td81aspv.jpeg
    Zu Soul Supreme
    Esoteric K-07
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    Nice looking piece. How does it pair with the Zu DW's.
  • TSWisla
    Options
    It sounds amazing. Lots and lots of detail. Voices, piano and acoustic instruments have a spooky life-like quality to them. Poor recordings and poorly mastered material sound horrendous though.
    Zu Soul Supreme
    Esoteric K-07
  • acmf74
    acmf74 Posts: 936
    Options
    I heard a full Coincident system at a show few years ago. I was totally blown away by it. GLWS
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    Last weekend, I bought a pair of Zu DW for a system in the basement breakroom, too.
    Wondering what amplifier you are going to drive them with. nwulravpcefn.jpg

Good luck with the sale.
  • TSWisla
    Options
    The DW are excellent speakers. I would love to hear the Soul Supremes. If and when I sell my other MC275, I will probably order some up. I spoke with Sean yesterday and he says they are better at everything. He also added that, "they are almost 4x the price of the DW, but they are not 4x better, rather, maybe 2x better, but definitely better!" So I am stuck with another dilemma, UGH! Anyway, I am trying different amps. I ordered up a SIT-3 and want to A/B with the Dynamo. I briefly heard a Audion Silver Night and I am still waiting for the Decware Zen Triode 25th. So there you go. The Dynamo is the least expensive of the bunch, but really sounds excellent with the ZUs.
    Zu Soul Supreme
    Esoteric K-07