Polk Magnifi Max....so far, thumbs up.

Options
BDT
BDT Posts: 212
I had mentioned this the other day.....about just going with a sound bar for HT. My HT rig, as it were, sounded ok but it was just ok and was cumbersome to navigate.

So, last week, lo and behold on FB Marketplace a guy had a Polk Magnifi Max soundbar. Not with surrounds....but for 150 bucks, why not.

Setup was pretty painless and simple.

So far, I'm pretty impressed. It's certainly not a full on HT rig.....but it's not bad at all. Dialog is crisp and clear. Even without surrounds....the SDA effect throws a wide immersive stage. I like that you can tweek the sub and dialog levels. The sub...eh, it's not going to bother the neighbors but it integrates pretty well and gives the sound passable heft. I played some music through it and while it's not going to turn me off the 2ch rig....for ambient music, it will do the trick unlike other sound bars I've heard (to include some previous Polk models) that were just bad.

My only gripe is that switching sources.....it's slow reconnecting to the cable box. I mean, REALLY slow. Once it switches...no problem. I MAY go the route of connecting the cable boxes and dvd player to the TV (rather than the bar) and see if that works better. The only other gripe is the orientation of the HDMI connections. I can't connect my firestick because the power cord on the firestick protrudes down.....so that's already plugged back into the TV anyway.

Anyhow.....So far so good. Sounds good, looks good....well done Polk.

BDT

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    bump
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's