Adorama blow out prices on LSiM series

Comments

• mak99
    mak99 Posts: 362
    Slightly OT, but wanted to know if any current 705 or 707 owners have installed outriggers such as the SoundoCity SBN series. My current A7s have SBN9 up front, SBN7 rear. SoundoCity website indicates the 705 uses SBN7 up front, SBN9 at rear so I might be okay to use these on the 707.

I can also post this question in the general Speakers forum but thought I'd ask here first...thanks in advance!
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I have about a year to figure out what I’m gonna power my 707s with. Gonna be in a ht situation so likely a receiver to start and I’ll eventually pick up a budget three channel for the front end
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mak99 wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but wanted to know if any current 705 or 707 owners have installed outriggers such as the SoundoCity SBN series. My current A7s have SBN9 up front, SBN7 rear. SoundoCity website indicates the 705 uses SBN7 up front, SBN9 at rear so I might be okay to use these on the 707.

I can also post this question in the general Speakers forum but thought I'd ask here first...thanks in advance!

I bet those help the A9's a lot. The spikes are pretty chincy.
    Dunno about the 707, they look a LOT beefier and are adjustable with a hex wrench from above. They look plenty adequate.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• Interesting. I'm into my 3500 a few pennies, Big Sky Audio upgrade pennies, it had better be one sweet deal when I find it!
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    edited September 2019
    DSkip wrote: »
    Interesting. I'm into my 3500 a few pennies, Big Sky Audio upgrade pennies, it had better be one sweet deal when I find it!

Not to diss the Parasound because it is nice, but the T+A gear is a different level. T+A is one brand I wouldn’t mind representing at some point. The only time I wasn’t a fan was when I heard it paired with Magico. Norma is still tops for me, but with the right synergy T+A is right there.

The PA 3100 HV looks pretty sweet...….hook me up man, actually, the A 3000 HV looks pretty sweet too
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • DSkip wrote: »
    heard many LSiM setups - too many to count - and nothing can close to that pair. The 703 didn’t match as well but was still Pretty nice. I’d look at other options for that model.

Out of curiosity... are there any less pricy amplifier lines that you typically recommend for good synergy with the lsim line?
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    edited September 2019
    Interesting. I'm into my 3500 a few pennies, Big Sky Audio upgrade pennies, it had better be one sweet deal when I find it!

Not to diss the Parasound because it is nice, but the T+A gear is a different level. T+A is one brand I wouldn’t mind representing at some point. The only time I wasn’t a fan was when I heard it paired with Magico. Norma is still tops for me, but with the right synergy T+A is right there.

No diss at all! At $20k new it should walk over anything From Parasound and give eargasms doing it!

Also curious what you think a good amp pairing or the LSiM series.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    I liked the look of these vertical T+A amps I saw at Axpona:

7hpd6snyjw55.jpg
    For the 707, the only time I’ve heard it ‘wake up’ was on that T+A PA1530R.

Is that the kind of amp that would make any good speaker sound amazing? Or is there something special about that particular combination?
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Just wish there was a deal link for the 705s in Cherry. Oh well.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mak99
    mak99 Posts: 362
    I bet those help the A9's a lot. The spikes are pretty chincy.
    Dunno about the 707, they look a LOT beefier and are adjustable with a hex wrench from above. They look plenty adequate.

They really helped on my A7s (don't have A9s), mostly because of the very thick rug that's sitting on the basic carpeting in the room. I had to push down on the top of the speakers to have the spikes pierce thru the rug and carpet into the subfloor. The extra few inches of width of the SoundoCity spikes made for a rigid install.

So that's the primary intent for using the outriggers on the 707's - the extra width for more stability. But I'll wait until I set them up to see if the outriggers are really needed...
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • Just by pictures they look a lot more solid than the A9's. I'll post up my thoughts on them when they arrive.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Thanks for your reply on amp pairing, skip
    For the 707, the only time I’ve heard it ‘wake up’ was on that T+A PA1530R.

Is that the kind of amp that would make any good speaker sound amazing? Or is there something special about that particular combination?

The amp did not sound good on Rosso speakers. It rather stole the magic that the speakers had. On the other hand, the 707 was pure magic. Displayname and Marvin got to hear it as well.

I totally agree. That combo really took the 707 to a new level. Sometimes things just mesh perfectly. I thought really hard about taking that combo off Skip's hands. To me is was one of the greatest proving points for anyone that believes specs are all you need to match gear.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • If I see a good one listed for 10% of retail I'll jump!
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• What a bunch of enablers! I love it!!!

Been following the LSiM threads and Adorama sales. One minute its 1999.00 next min its 549.00. Even my wife thinks its crazy. So i bit the proverbial bullet and jumped on 707's a 706c in Mt Vernon cherry for less than 1500. The links @CottageChz posted still work (thanks for posting) so i ordered on Mon. Two days will be here tomorrow on Wed.

Cant wait to hook these up to my 60watt avr and blast them...har har har LOL. Just kidding. Photos to follow.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited September 2019
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I am still digging the T+A. I am not currently running polks now but, I did run the T+A on SDA and LSI25 Both sounded fantastic. I agree on whats being said here. Polk and T+A in general has an amazing synergy.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • stangman67
    Got my 706 today, 707s coming tomorrow. Adorama double boxed the speaker which I am happy about. It was definitely dropped a few times as the styrofoam endcaps arw destroyed. The speaker looks bo worse for where tough.

Polk definitely needs to step up their packaging game, the styrofoam is as cheap as it gets and doesn’t survive typical shipping conditions. My focal 926 (a lower MSRP series than the LSiM) came packed exquisitely with nice softer styrofoam with some give. I’m sure Polk has lost plenty of revenue from shipping damage with this line

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    The first 706C shipped to me by ground was destroyed. Needed to be double boxed at least but there really was not enough styrofoam to protect a cabinet that large. The replacement was not double boxed but was sent next day air and arrived perfect without a mark on the box. The 707s are packed much better from the factory.
  • stangman67
    I just realized how garbled my previous post is. Sorry for that, posting from my phone apparently is a terrible strategy

• 702’s arrive today, 706 And 707 Monday, shall we place bets on whether or not they arrive unharmed??
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    bump
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Bump
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    I do....bump.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    I'll see you and raise you two whatevers.

President of Club Polk

• stangman67
    I got the 707’s today. Jeez those things are heavy. I was gonna unpack them and check for any damage before placing them in storage but too heavy for me to do by myself.

They were at least packed pretty well. The center has an imperfection that I’m gonna contact Adorama about, not a huge deal but worth mentioning to them

• stangman67 wrote: »
    I got the 707’s today. Jeez those things are heavy. I was gonna unpack them and check for any damage before placing them in storage but too heavy for me to do by myself.

They were at least packed pretty well. The center has an imperfection that I’m gonna contact Adorama about, not a huge deal but worth mentioning to them

I just unpacked my 707’s myself yesterday, and I’m far from athletic. Key is to do it on rug or carpet. Put the whole box on its side. Wiggle on the inner box from the outer. Pull from the front, then tip from the back repeatedly. Then cut the inner box open at the top, roll it upside down with the flaps open. Wiggle the box up and off the styrofoam. Cut all the tape. Tip the speaker on its head. Remove the styrofoam at the feet. Then tip onto its feet and remove the top styrofoam and middle styrofoam ring. Slide off plastic cover and cotton cover. Enjoy!