SDA2B, how do they compare to the SRS 3.1TL

2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Yea that looks like they were submerged a little. Betting the cabinet is a little soft
  • 4j0y4leio1z8.jpg

the left dust cover on the woofer, is that normal discoloration or do you think that is also water damage.........
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    They look like doodoo.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I'm not familiar with those passives, but I've seen some mw drivers have a whiteish ring around the dustcap and never had been wet.

There are hard questions to ask about those before buying. I'd want to pop a passive out and look inside on both. They have definitely been in a very humid/moist environment.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with those passives, but I've seen some mw drivers have a whiteish ring around the dustcap and never had been wet.

There are hard questions to ask about those before buying. I'd want to pop a passive out and look inside on both. They have definitely been in a very humid/moist environment.

fair enough, I'll just pass and focus on upgrading my 2B's, I know what I have and the shape they are in, thanks fellas
  • Dang now yall are tempting me to go plug my 2Bs back in my set up.

Its been about a little over a month since I swapped in the Advents... I think it's time for that Soundstage to make an appearance.

Hold my be.... Wait I'll hold it myself while jamming.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    Oh man if a little water damage can get them cheap, you can fix it and have 3.1TLs for pennies on the dollar!
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • lawdogg wrote: »
    Oh man if a little water damage can get them cheap, you can fix it and have 3.1TLs for pennies on the dollar!

Well I was texting another local audiophile this morning and sent him the craigslist link and he was saying that those speakers were actually ones I almost bought a year ago as at that time they were a few blocks from my house but this guy bought them and he is a known flipper. When I saw them originally the original seller had everything there and even had extra drivers and tweeters including the original interconnect. I'm thinking this guy sold the interconnect on eBay and Jerry rigged it to work with a cheap binding plate just to make a few dollars
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    Oh, boo.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • I have both, and the 3.1TL is a better speaker. Improved mid-range, lower and more authoritative bass and just an overall bigger stage. Both are great speakers!
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yea that looks like they were submerged a little. Betting the cabinet is a little soft

That material flakes so easily when damp and subsequently dried out.

We had a pair that looked semi okay and were totally junked.
    Particle board back then was very easily destroyed.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I have owned both in the past and in stock form the 3.1s are a much better speaker. I wish I had done the TL mods to the 2Bs before I sold them, though.