Klipsch Cornwall IV is a-comin' (?!)

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
Klipsch is introducing a new and improved :) Cornwall (Cornwall IV) at RMAF.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/cornwall-iv-floorstanding-speaker

ymdf3vdkyash.png

neso71b4vgn2.png

please note -- this post is meant to be 100% snark-free. This version of the Cornwall looks interesting for folks interested in current-production, high sensitivity loudspeakers.

:)

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Wait wasn't the older versions passive radiator design?
  • pitdogg2
    Ok thanks rick.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2019
    Rick88 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wait wasn't the older versions passive radiator design?

No, that was/is the Forte & Chorus.

Check. The Corny uses a 15 inch woofer in a bass reflex alignment. Pretty prodigious bass (at least the originals) and close to 100 dB sensitivity. Cannot vouch for the real sensitivity of the III (much less the IV), but there's hope that the new IV won't be as ear-gouging as the I and II were. I've yet to hear a III (full disclosure).

• gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    I had KG4’s for 30 years .... never liked the horn tweeters .....

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • pitdogg2
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Klipsch is introducing a new and improved :) Cornwall (Cornwall IV) at RMAF.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/cornwall-iv-floorstanding-speaker

ymdf3vdkyash.png

neso71b4vgn2.png

please note -- this post is meant to be 100% snark-free. This version of the Cornwall looks interesting for folks interested in current-production, high sensitivity loudspeakers.

:)
    34Hz +/- 4 dB? No thanks! Not enough bass. When will companies move away from old refrigerator box designs of the past? Open baffle is where it’s at! ;)

Just in case you haven't figured it out, old is new again. Companies go where the money is and in the last few years JBL and others are revamping their older designs with modern technology and folks are buying. You're free to design your own place them in the market and see where it goes. There were very few open baffle designs at the last two huge audio shows i attended.
  • pitdogg2
    Rick he has been "trolling" self admitted by himself.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I missed many things and people during my 15 months away from the forum, but I can tell you one thing I did not miss, people like him.

To LOL the original post was unnecessary and douchey.
    I didn't mean to hurt your feelings with my criticism toward a company that makes speakers the size of refrigerators. If you don't like my opinion, ignore me. Why is that so difficult? Is this thread supposed to be about jerking each other off? Look at Audiokarma. They have tons of criticism about new McIntosh gear. People seem fine. Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people don't always agree with everything you like. I have a feeling the internet may not be a good place for you...

Since you're having such a hard time getting along with...well, everyone here a good look in your mirror will give you the answer as to what the problem is. If you are of the opinion that you are unable to change your attitude perhaps it would be best to find others more in line with your character traits.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    ^^^Game, Set, and Match.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Do Klipsch image well?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    Your mileage may vary, but IMHO... no.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Do Klipsch image well?

Better than you might expect :)
    On paper, everything about the design is wrong (i.e., diffraction is, at least formally, a problem with them) -- but the Cornies I had did OK. And, yes, I had them in the corners.

B)

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    edited September 2019
    I have heard the 2's and 3's. 3's where much smoother. I am interested in the 4's. I wonder how much smoother they will get.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    The 2s are profoundly not smooth. one hopes that the 4s are much smoother than the 2s and at least incrementally better than the 3s, I would say.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The 2s are profoundly not smooth. one hopes that the 4s are much smoother than the 2s and at least incrementally better than the 3s, I would say.

Agree. 2 was not smooth at all. The 3's were suprising smoother on top i thought and better midrange.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    early Cornwalls can be used with medium/high powered early solid state amplifiers as an environmentally responsible. chemical-free way to remove paint.

b)
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    F1nut wrote: »
    I missed many things and people during my 15 months away from the forum, but I can tell you one thing I did not miss, people like him.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings with my criticism toward a company that makes speakers the size of refrigerators. If you don't like my opinion, ignore me. Why is that so difficult? Is this thread supposed to be about jerking each other off? Look at Audiokarma. They have tons of criticism about new McIntosh gear. People seem fine. Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people don't always agree with everything you like. I have a feeling the internet may not be a good place for you...

Since you're having such a hard time getting along with...well, everyone here a good look in your mirror will give you the answer as to what the problem is. If you are of the opinion that you are unable to change your attitude perhaps it would be best to find others more in line with your character traits.

He is stating his opinion.
    IF you can not handle people that think differently than you just Ignore them.

Instead of cluttering the forum with nonsense, bickering and trying to force people out of the forum.

Many on the forum do not care for your attitude, and Ignore you, and it works great.

Have a great day!

• K_M
    I also had a pair of Heresy III's, and did not find them bright either.

We owned some Heresy's also, (late 80s version) they were great on some music, but found our Polks (most of them) simply a bit smoother to listen to long term.

Hard to beat the efficiency and clarity though!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2019
    wrote:
    K_M wrote: »

You cannot read posts by K_M because they are on your ignore list.

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited September 2019

Instead of cluttering the forum with nonsense, bickering and trying to force people out of the forum.

Many on the forum do not care for your attitude, and Ignore you, and it works great.

Have a great day!

Yet, there are many that do love his opinions. Jesse has been a pillar of this community as well as being a huge help on many levels technically. The troll in question, PolkAudioJoJo, who had 59 posts as of this thread, not so much. As pointed out, many of his 59 posts are mired in rancor. Basically Troll mentality. I'm firmly in Jesse's corner on this one.
  • F1nut

Have a great day!

Funny, could have sworn you recently stated you had me on ignore. It's alright though, I know you have trouble with the truth.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    So just read this thread Mark. The speakers look very interesting for sure.

BTW, so much for this thread being a snark free zone! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kharp1
    Of the 42,000+ posts of F1nut's, very few are troll material. Most of PAJJ's are, or, are borderline. Not a good record.
  • K_M
    kharp1 wrote: »

Have a great day!

Yet, there are many that do love his opinions. Jesse has been a pillar of this community as well as being a huge help on many levels technically. The troll in question, PolkAudioJoJo, who had 59 posts as of this thread, not so much. As pointed out, many of his 59 posts are mired in rancor. Basically Troll mentality. I'm firmly in Jesse's corner on this one.

I agree Jesse does have a lot of good input, but we can not treat members on
    the forum as "trolls" either.

I sincerely do not see him as a troll at all. all forums have differing views, and they can coexist side by side.
    I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and hopefully keep people on the forum.
  • kharp1
    I agree, for the most part, however, apparently he has a previous history, along with the bulk of his current posts being of the antagonistic kind. I can live without that, perhaps you can't.
  • mhardy6647

Have a great day!

mired in rancor -- nice turn of phrase! I salute you, sir.
    (plus, you hit the metaphorical nail on the head)
  • F1nut

Have a great day!

I sincerely do not see him as a troll at all. all forums have differing views, and they can coexist side by side.
    I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and hopefully keep people on the forum.

Had you done your homework before jumping in you would have seen that he admitted to being a troll. Maybe next time you feel the need to stick your nose into something it doesn't belong you'll think twice about it, but I'm not going to hold my breath

President of Club Polk

• K_M

Have a great day!

Had you done your homework before jumping in you would have seen that he admitted to being a troll. Maybe next time you feel the need to stick your nose into something it doesn't belong you'll think twice about it, but I'm not going to hold my breath

While all of what you say may be true............

.........Why not just ignore him?

If his posts cause that much disdain, a true troll gives up when no one argues back with them.
    Besides the word "Troll" has become minimized, as you have used that term on dozens of posters that you do not agree with.

• He says he's a troll Jes says it..he' a funking troll!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • F1nut

Have a great day!

If his posts cause that much disdain, a true troll gives up when no one argues back with them.
    Besides the word "Troll" has become minimized, as you have used that term on dozens of posters that you do not agree with.

Show me where I called him a troll in this thread. Oh that's right I didn't, you made it up.

Why don't you do what you said you did, put me on your ignore list and stop trying to push your agenda because it hasn't and isn't going to work. Another thing, stop sending everyone a PM trying to get them see things your way because that isn't working either.

President of Club Polk

• K_M
    edited September 2019

Have a great day!

Show me where I called him a troll in this thread. Oh that's right I didn't, you made it up.

Why don't you do what you said you did, put me on your ignore list and stop trying to push your agenda because it hasn't and isn't going to work. Another thing, stop sending everyone a PM trying to get them see things your way because that isn't working either.

My agenda is to get the forum to be friendly to NEW people so it thrives, and to keep it open to all views.
    Otherwise good chance it will be closed down.

As to PM's you do as you please and I will do as I please.

Maybe you need to step back and realize, NO ONE on the forum has to listen to anything you say.
    Try KEEPING people on the forum if you believe you have such great influence, instead forcing people away.

That is coming from the people higher up in case you want to argue back.