Help picking an amp for RTI a7

Options
Hi !

Recently I acquired a pair or RTI a7s. My primary use is music, I watch little to no TV or movies, so I want to run a 2.0 setup. I am looking for recommendations for an amplifier/receiver for these. Ideally it would have the capability to connect at least 4 devices (RCA inputs would be great, mostly connecting turntables, cassette decks, etc) and i would love for it to have analog bass/treble adjustment knobs because I'm always fiddling with that based on the particular album or song. Perhaps it would be better to connect an EQ to the amp for that though? I have no experience with doing that but welcome any input or suggestions. Thank you all!

Comments

• soundforgenine
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Do you want any digital inputs? What is the price point you are looking at?

Digital not necessary. Price point I mean ideally under $300 but I am flexible on that if it offers everything I want I guess. At this point I am just looking for suggestions to be on the look out for good deals on pre-owned equipment. I've always had very good luck with that and with this budget I know that's probably what I've got to be hunting for.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    You don't need a receiver if your doing 2.0, just for music. You need an integrated or a pre amp+an amp.

300 bucks is a pretty low budget for that. You would barely be able to get an amp. Not to mention cables too.

Maybe your best bet is to find a vintage integrated that has around 100 watts+. Maybe an older Yamaha, Sansui ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    Options
    I'd look for an older NAD integrated or stereo receiver. Lotsa good sound without a lot of frivolous nonsense. Huge bang/buck.

Don't get hung up on the wpc thing......

BDT