Amping Choice for LSIM 707/706 Setup

Options
I'm in the middle of what will be...a larger upgrade than I had originally planned.

I'm going from a pair of RT2000i mains with F/X300i surrounds and a CS245i Center all driven by an Onkyo TSXR-705 AVR.

I'm building the new system around the LSIM 707/706, with either 702/703 as surrounds. (I'll figure out if I need a sub after I've broken in and futzed with the final build)

I'm not going to get into room configuration much as I move every 2-3 years, so I adapt the system to wherever I end up living. Current listening space is ~15Wx30Lx9'H, carpeted. Use is about 70/30 HT/Audio.

After a lot of reading, and in an attempt to mend my ways, I'm planning on driving the mains and maybe the center with a separate power amplifier, probably a Parasound, and the surrounds with the AVR (probably Marantz).

So, as I see my options:

Drive all three off the PA, and get a HCA-2003 or an used A31.
Drive just the mains off the PA, and get a 2250 or a used A21.

Appreciate any/all feedback.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Might as well drive the front 3 with an amp. The center is the most important for HT. You will definitely need a sub for HT.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk