Vizio 65" Quantum X PX65-G1

Options
Who has one and what TV did you come from to it. I've been shopping for a while now. I'm still drawn back to the Sony 65" 950G as it is hard to beat. Best Buy has dropped the price in my area for the Sony to 1500. They had an open box Quantum 65" for 1100 and it had outstanding colors from what I seen at the store. I'm looking for real world experience, anyone who had a Vizio what problems did you have if any and all that stuff. I've had friends who've had a lower wnd Vizio who love their's but I was not ever even thinking about buying one since most places of business(bars) who has had them did not think highly of them. One thing I didn't like about the Sony in BB was that it seem to have picked up EVERYTHING.It was alomost mirror like. Granted I more than likely will not have all the lighting BB has but coming from a Panasonic Plasma mine did not reflect like that. The Vizio Quantum X didn't seem to have that problem. I'm absolutely in no hurry as I have been actually shopping for a few years and always came back to the Sony time after time since the E series.

I'd love to get a 75" but jumping to that size doubles the cost which I think is ridiculous.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    The absolutely ONLY complaint I have about the Vizios I have: the remotes fail. Not completely, but some functions get lost. Now keep in mind that the TVs I have experience with are over 10 years old, and the P series wasn't produced at the time.

Currently I have a 32" M series, and a 49" Sony XBR 4k
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,036
    Options
    Trust me, go OLED. The 65B8 from LG is discounted now. It is Killin LED's.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Vizio fan boy here so I can't give you any honest/non-biased opinions. But I will say, the P Series Quantum is Vizio's game changer. With the price:performance ratio of the P Series Quantum, you would be hard pressed to find a better quality set at a comparable price.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Trust me, go OLED. The 65B8 from LG is discounted now. It is Killin LED's.

NO!
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Dell has the OLED65B8 for $1497. Great deal!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Dell has the OLED65B8 for $1497. Great deal!

I'm living in my digital heaven cave...Dell makes t.v. sets too??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Conradicles
    Options
    No, they sell them nowadays.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Ivan! My good man…

Costco is pushing this model this month. I’ve got my eye on it… Whatja end up with??
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • GlennDog
    Options
    Nice! Can’t go wrong with the XBR....
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,473
    Options
    Just went with a Sony XBR900H (65"). Good overall TV with gaming features.
    Future firmware upgrade will have HDMI 2.1 so when the next gen vids come it can handle 4k with HDR @ 120hz.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    The only thing I didn't like about OLED was they didn't look as good as QLED's in bright room. I have a very bright room 1 wall virtually all glass facing south....
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    OLED panels have a horrible burn in problem. Best buy told me they had replaced many of their display models multiple times because of it. One employee said his had a very bad Red blotch problem and his panel had less than 500hr on it and Sony refused to do anything about it. I'm all in on OLED as soon as they figure out how to get better longevity out of them. I love the blacker than black blacks and the colors they can have but I refuse to spend huge coin on something that can have a burn in problem no matter how well you take care of it. Plasma's had it as well but you really had to have a static image for quit some time before it was noticeable. Gaming static displays and bright white station logos were the worst.
  • GlennDog
    Options
    Great info. Thanks
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12