Sony Amp, Polk Audio SDA 2

1) Can I use a Sony STR-DE335 to drive a pair of Polk Audio SDA 2 speakers?
2) Is the Sony STR-DE335 a common ground amp?
3) With my Denon PMA-920, the (-) negative Polk speaker connections were cabled to each other, would that be necessary with the Sony?
Thank you very much,

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    It's an AVR, so it's common ground. AVR's are not the best choice for 2 channel music.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jem58
    Jem58 Posts: 3
    Thank you, sir! Love the PC note!
    Do the negative cables from the speakers have to be connected at the amp, meaning that there is a cable that goes between the 2 negative cables before they are interested in the amp for my Denon PMA-920?
    Thank you,
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I'm not sure what you're asking. If you think the Denon is non-common ground I see nothing to indicate that it is. Simply connect amp L/R + to speaker L/R + and amp L/R - to speaker L/R -.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jem58
    Jem58 Posts: 3
    Thank you F1nut! They are working well, not quite as well as with my Denon, but quite acceptable. Have a great weekend!