I got my first tattoo

Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited April 2002 in Music & Movies
It's on my left arm. It says, do not watch Memento ever again.

I needed 3 advil after watching this movie. It was OK, nothing special, not easy to follow. Guy was good, good acting. Carrie ann, as always, made the movie worth watching.

$1.99 rental at best.

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments

• Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited April 2002
    cant agree..I thought this was one of the most original and fresh movies that have come it in a long long time..yes it is hard to follow the first time..I felt that way about the Matrix too but thats what makes these movies so enjoyable on repeat viewings..catching things you didnt catch the first time..this movie has a big following so I wouldnt really say its a 1.99 rental only movie
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    Just wait till the MEMENTO: SE coming next month. More cool confusing stuff to rebuy.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Billm57
    edited April 2002
    yep...also gonna be an SE of Blackhawk Down out after the movie only version comes out in June so save your pennies an d dont buy the first one
  • Ron-P
    edited April 2002
    Ohhh, I'm buying the first one, then the SE.

If...
  • Billm57
    edited April 2002
    what do you do with the movie only version then??
  • Ron-P
    edited April 2002
    Give it away to family or friends.

I will only buy the SE if the movie is a directors cut/extended version, or, if it has a dts track. If is nothing more than extras, commentaries and the like, I won't waste my money.

If...
  • Billm57
    edited April 2002
    actually im hoping it has the special on the real Blackhawk Down that was ON History Channel..that would be excellent..yea its tough to decide a whe you buy a movie and they release a sepc edition 5 months later..im not into the commentaries at all but i like deleted scenes and if its a hirstorical movie the documenetaries on the real event can be good
  • Ron-P
    edited April 2002
    I usually do not watch any of that extra stuff. I think the only movie I did so far out of my 130+ collection was Moulin Rouge.

Here's my Effed up logic...

99% of movies I do not see during there theaterical run. So, in the case with BHD, I have no problem buying it twice because the $18+ I saved not seeing it in the theater goes for the first DVD purchase. Then, buying the SE would be like buying the DVD once, for the first time. Yeah, I know, weird logic, but hey, WTF:) It works.

Pearl Harbor will be another one I will buy twice, when the directors cut arrives. I love that movie.

If...
  • Billm57
    edited April 2002
    thats ho I justify buying movies I havent seen..cheaper than going to the show and if I dont like it I can e-bay it and get some if not all of my money back or else trade it on the dvdtalk forum for something else