Red Wing and Wolverine Boots

John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 2,179
edited February 17 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I don’t know if there’s any interest, but I figured I’d toss some of my recently reconditioned boots on here.

Pair #1
For sale is a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Horween Leather Chromexcel W05343 boots.

Model
W05343

Size
11.5 (US)

Color
Tan

Leather
Horween Chromexcel

Condition
The shoes are in excellent condition. These are not factory seconds. The outsoles are in excellent condition. The boots were cleaned with Fiebing saddle soap and conditioned with Dr Martens Wonder Balsam. They were then buffed using a horsehair brush.

What's Included
The following items are included:

Left and right pair of boots

The original waxed canvas laces are included and are on the shoes.

Price: $225.00 plus shippingo1z8ealvxn7o.jpeg

This model of the Addison is no longer produced; however, here’s a link to the current Addisons not made with the higher-quality Horween Chromexcel Leather: Wolverine Addison 1000 Mile Wingtip Boot Men 12 Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005PPN9T4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rvxACb0QS8KP9

Pair #2

For sale is a pair of Red Wing Shoes #953 SuperSoles leather boots.

Model

Size
10 (US)

Color
Brown

Leather
Velva Boomer

Condition
The shoes are in great used condition with signs of wear typical for the age. The outsoles are in good condition. The right boot has an area near the toe that was repaired. This gives the boots great character, which pairs well with the patina. The boots were cleaned with Fiebing saddle soap and conditioned with Dr Martens Wonder Balsam. They were then buffed using a horsehair brush.

What's Included
The following items are included:

Left and right pair of boots
The original laces are included and are on the shoes.

Price: $80.00 plus shipping
Link to manufacturer’s website: http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/953-red-wing-shoes/953-red-wing-mens-8-inch-boot-brown

2udvzp119g7r.jpeg

I’ll post more pictures when I’m on my PC, as posting multiple pictures from mobile causes them to screw up the order.

Comments

• John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 2,179
    Red Wings have sold
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,710
    At first I thought the Wolverine boots were nice then I saw the redwings and thought WOW! I'm a boot guy, always have a pair or two. GLWTS
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Willow wrote: »
    At first I thought the Wolverine boots were nice then I saw the redwings and thought WOW! I'm a boot guy, always have a pair or two. GLWTS

Thanks. The Horween Chromexcel leather on the Wolverines is beautiful. These were $400+ boots before they were discontinued!
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,710
    I really like the detail in that leather. My go to pair right now is Coach Bryant Wingboot in black. (No I didn't pay retail price for them) I also like the imperfection on the redwings.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Willow wrote: »
    I also like the imperfection on the redwings.

That's what led me to get them. They were in overall really good condition, and the repair was done quite well. That, along with the overall patina they developed and showcased with a proper cleaning/reconditioning, made them really cool. I'm glad the buyer (a local mechanic) is going to put them to good use!

Wolverines have sold
  • jawhogjawhog Posts: 444
    Made my way to this thread from your antique post. Pretty cool, where do you normally post the boots that you refurbish?
    edited July 29
    jawhog wrote: »
    Made my way to this thread from your antique post. Pretty cool, where do you normally post the boots that you refurbish?

Thanks. I've an Instagram page that started off as being dedicated to reviewing gear (e.g., boots, tools, travel accessories) that I find interesting and with honest feedback, but it's pretty much turned into a boot restoration page where I occasionally post interviews with the owners of boot- and leather care-related companies. You can find it at https://www.instagram.com/damngoodgear/.
  • jawhogjawhog Posts: 444
    Everyone in my family seems to use Instagram as their go to social media. I’m the only holdout. I just needed a reason to take the plunge.
    I'll post some recent pictures in the shoe box post.
  • pelhamplacepelhamplace Posts: 71
    John - I visited your Instagram page. Lots of cool stuff. Do you sell items from that page or occasionally post items here?