702F/X

Options
Geoff4rfc
Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,147
Ah yes, the arrival of my new (refurbed) LSiM 702F/X speaker showed up today. Bought them off of Polk eBay. Man, for a guy who couldn't afford to upgrade when these speakers first came out, I believe I've done well this past year. 706 for 5 hun, a second pair of 703's for half and now the 702's for five a pair. Just can't quite justify the 707's at the moment but who knows later on.

Once everything is arranged, I'll post pics
Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Nice looking speaker!

1139e88dc654ab3a295add.jpg
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice looking speaker!

Thanks Clippy, I've been using bi/dipole speakers for so many years, I figured it was time for a change, and to continue to upgrade over from RTiA's

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Nice! They made a big difference in my LSIM HT, compared to the bookies I was using for surround prior.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Nice! They made a big difference in my LSIM HT, compared to the bookies I was using for surround prior.

Dig, thanks for that! I'm looking forward to getting them in place!

• shs
    shs Posts: 105
    Options
    I have been using 4 702 F/Xs for a while now and they blend in very well with the rest of my LSiM setup. When I first fired them up, I didn't think they were working, but sure enough they were. Big improvement over my previous Def Tech surrounds that I could alway "hear".
    SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, Oppo UDP 203, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Velodyne DD15 Subwoofer.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    shs wrote: »
    I have been using 4 702 F/Xs for a while now and they blend in very well with the rest of my LSiM setup. When I first fired them up, I didn't think they were working, but sure enough they were. Big improvement over my previous Def Tech surrounds that I could alway "hear".

Lol, I can relate. I have mine up, calibrated and watching Star Wars Last Jedi.

They are so much more "mellower" than the FXiA6's and I dig that a lot.

The A6's were way to hot and so far the 702's are indeed blending in nicely.

• shs
    shs Posts: 105
    Options
    See you back on the other forum.
    SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, Oppo UDP 203, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Velodyne DD15 Subwoofer.