Downsizing time

I've decided to get rid of some of the audio things hanging around. I might be selling the house and moving soon and I don't want to bother with bringing things with me. For the local pickup items, I'm in 29609. We can talk about meeting somewhere if that will help.

1) SDA2B black, studio version $100 local pickup
These are original aka the crossover needs a refresh. Cabinets are 6/10 but presentable enough. All the drivers are in good working order. Have interconnect cable.

2) Rotel RX 1050 receiver $100 + shipping
Works well, used with the SDA. Also nice cosmetically, some scratches on the top and back but the face looks flawless to me, 7/10. Has an internal battery on the board that is dead, which makes it forget your settings if you hard power the unit off. Leaving it in standby and turning it off with the remote (included) fixes this issue.

3) AMC Stereo Preamp 1100 $75 + shipping
Love this cheap little preamp. Used it a few times and thought it sounded great. No remote unfortunately. 6/10 cosmetically. No issues that I'm aware of, worked fine when I used it recently and sounded much better than the HT pre/pro I use regularly.

4) Carver M0.5t free to a good home + shipping if you really want it
I used this with the AMC pre and SDA until it eventually started acting weird in one channel. Likely needed a recap, which I didn't do. I haven't hooked it up since and don't have a sacrificial pair of speakers to test things out in. It hums when you turn it on though and I don't feel like messing with it. It's in 7/10 cosmetic shape and could probably be a fun project for someone who wants to mess with it. I have the electrical schematic which I'll include with it.

5) 12" SVS aluminum driver $20 + shipping
It's an older TC sounds driver but works fine. It has a small ding in the aluminum cone from dropping a screw on it. 6/10

I can provide pictures of anything if someone is interested. Let me know.

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Dayum! These shouldn't last long! GLWTS.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited July 2019
    I would like a shot at that Carver. Just had a TFM45 recapped. I would like to try my own hand at a recap.

My zip code is 32953 if you want to shoot over a shipping quote.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    For $100 somebody needs to grab those 2B's.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Wow - Very generous! I'm just glad my pickup truck is not really within driving distance! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited July 2019
    Damn it... I had to go for a run when I got home instead of sitting on the forum lol...

I’d also love that M.05t so put me in line second.

The .05t don’t come up as often..

I got a good tech here that works in carver :).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    I'll get shipping quotes and pics up for the people who have asked. Have a realtor coming today and a job interview so it might not be today but will be soon.
  • Airplay355
    Shipping quotes and pics sent bump...nothing officially out the door yet but the Carver seems like it's probably gone.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    3) AMC Stereo Preamp 1100 $75 + shipping
    Love this cheap little preamp. Used it a few times and thought it sounded great. No remote unfortunately. 6/10 cosmetically. No issues that I'm aware of, worked fine when I used it recently and sounded much better than the HT pre/pro I use regularly.

If I remember my history right, AMC was founded by some engineers that left NAD years ago, so this should be a really nice sounding piece, at an even nicer price.
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    5) 12" SVS aluminum driver $20 + shipping
    It's an older TC sounds driver but works fine. It has a small ding in the aluminum cone from dropping a screw on it. 6/10

For giggles post a couple pics of the driver and PM me a shipping quote to 46278....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Airplay355
    Sounds about right. It's got that iconic NAD look with the grey face and green power button. It would fit right in on top of an NAD amp. PM with pics and shipping info inbound
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I have the hybrid AMC tube amp that Pre was designed to go with (CVT-2030) and it will never leave my stable. Partially because my wife bought it for me but also because it was modded with sockets so tubes can be rolled and it also sounds fantastic.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    I am interested in the amc preamp. Shipping to NJ?

Do you know if the tubes are soldered in?
  • Airplay355
    No tubes in this pre. It’s solid state.
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    Is the Rotel silver or black face?
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    Thank you. I will pass then at this time...
  • Airplay355
    Rotel is silver
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    Lord knows I really don't need anymore gear but want and need are mutually exclusive. Let me know how to pay.
  • Airplay355
    All PMs replied to (I think). Let me know if I missed someone.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Congrats @Wardsweb ! Hey you can never have enough! I'm speaking on behalf of others, of course! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    You mean @verb didn't buy anything?!?!?!? :#:o
  • Airplay355
    Rotel is sold.

Carver pending.

Everything else is still available. Not sure how to edit my original post to reflect that. So the SDA, AMC preamp and SVS driver are still available.
  • Airplay355
    Bump. Carver amp is available again. SVS, SDA and AMC pre are available as well.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    You have a PM on the carver
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    I PM'd you.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Could you post / send me pics of the SDAs....
  • Airplay355
    Sorry I fell off the wagon here. I moved once, am about to move again, and getting divorced in the process. Fun times being an adult! I'll update when I can or might just end up making a whole new thread. I'll probably have more stuff to sell soon. Thanks!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    yeah, the adult stuff is not for kids.
    Sorry to read of your tribulations, but nice to see ya postin'!
    "We" do leave the light on, you know, just like Motel freakin' Six.