Heavy lift launch tonight

Options
NotaSuv
NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
SpaceX's Falcon Heavy rocket will attempt its most technically demanding mission yet on Monday night, with a rideshare flight organized by the US Air Force. Company founder Elon Musk has characterized the mission as "Our most difficult launch ever."
During this Space Test Program-2 flight, the world's most powerful operational rocket will attempt to deliver 24 different payloads into three different orbits, resulting in multiple re-lights of the Merlin 1D engine powering the rocket's second stage.

Watching the booster engines come back at night is great let alone the sonic booms with them....this is the first night time launch of the heavy lift platform, they are expecting many many thousands to descend upon our lil town tonight..they were already setting up chairs and tarps early this morning for a 11:30PM launch...GREAT $$$$$$$ for our biz...….

There are a few websites that show live shots from launch to orbit....

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I hope I'll watch it live!

Excuse me...Live on TV...duh! :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Very cool! I'll see if I can convince my mom to let me stay up late, hopefully, it'll be clear and I will be able to see it from our house! :)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited June 2019
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Very cool! I'll see if I can convince my mom to let me stay up late, hopefully, it'll be clear and I will be able to see it from our house! :)

That is so cool! I remember when I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB, watching the missile launches. Never forget the sensation, the sights, ground shaking, the roar of the engines. Exciting! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »

That is so cool! I remember when I was stationed at Vandeberg AFB, watching the missile launches. Never forget the sensation, the sights, ground shaking, the roar of the engines. Exciting! :smile:

I've seen one of the launches from Merritt Island, and that was pretty incredible. We were up on a hill and you could see the trees moving in unison as the sound waves traveled... We could almost hear it for a good while before it got to us, and then the moment I was looking away I heard the boom... pretty incredible!

We live too far away to hear or feel it, unfortunately, but we can still see the launches from our house... albeit it is a dot of orange on the horizon but it is still VERY cool. :)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    Figures. I usually watch and feel it from my backyard. To bad we are on our way out of town right now.

What small town are you referring to NOTASUV? I'm on Merritt Island.
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    Titusville…… 46,000 and growing due to aerospace's investment in the area
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    Will it be on TV?
  • mlistens03
    Options
    I stayed up until midnight last night to watch this thing (about 3 hours later than I wanted ;) ) when I found out that that was when the launch window opened. :lol: It wasn't funny last night, but looking back it's pretty funny. I didn't see the rocket. ;)
  • CH46E
    Options
    So looks like two of the booster made it back ok. The main rocket failed to land on the drone ship. I'd still say the mission was a success. Delivered its multiple pay loads and landed 2 out of 3.
  • CH46E
    Options
    I cant wait to see the SLS system take flight.
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    the next 12 months will unveil some exciting things going on with SpaceX,NASA, and Blue Origin....the number of high paying jobs in the area has exploded, and you add Boeing to the mix as they are relocating all their aerospace ops here as well...sadly our low cost of living has taken a hit....
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    I heard there were a few peoples' ashes in last nights flight. They'll be let loose to float around in their containers for a long time before they will naturally be pulled down toward the earth by gravitational forces and flame up and disintegrate. 35K a can it costs. I think 7 grams of ashes is all per can. :'( For 35K, I'd want ALL of mine to go on that journey. :p

"Woodstock"

Well I came upon a child of God, he was walking along the road
    And I asked him tell me where are you going, this he told me:
    Said, I'm going down to Yasgur's farm, going to join in a rock and roll band.
    Got to get back to the land, and set my soul free.
    We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,
    And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Well, then can I walk beside you? I have come to lose the smog.
    And I feel myself a cog in something turning.
    And maybe it's the time of the year, yes and maybe it's the time of man.
    And I don't know who I am but life is for learning.

By the time we got to Woodstock, we were half a million strong,
    And everywhere was a song and a celebration.
    And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes riding shotgun in the sky,
    Turning into butterflies above our nation.

We are stardust, we are golden, we are caught in the devil's bargain,

B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.