CI Audio PLC 1 MKII Passive Preamp Line Controller

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,965
edited June 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
So I have been going back and forth on this preamp and the Axiom preamp, is really is that close. After about 150 hours of burn in, I think the edge ever slightly goes to the Axiom. I also like the pure simplicity of the Axiom (1 in/1 out). The CI Audio however is a very close match and for all of the features, you will give up nothing over a traditional preamp.

Quick blip -
4 Inputs, one can be configured at a HT bypass for integration into a receiver
2 outputs
Tape in and out
Remote control, which mutes, controls volume and input selects.
12v trigger

The power is just for the remote control portion, which controls a micro controller within the unit. The unit is otherwise 100% passive.

Condition -
I dont want to use the term like new as I am sure there is a mark I am missing or something but it is very clean. I dont think you would be dissapointed. Unit will be double boxed with added packaging.

Whats included
Preamp, remote, power supply, original box/packaging/manual

Is this for you?
1) Amplifier input impedance of 20k ohms or higher
2) Amplifier input sensitivity lower than the sources rated output (IE: A CD player with 2 volts RMS output and an amplifier with 1 volt would work fine)
3) Interconnects between source to pre and pre to amp are recommended to being 2 meters or less - however I have seen people use much longer with no issues.

My thoughts
This is a great unit, is has a very transparent sound trait, truly gives you whatever your source is dishing out and relaying it to the next piece.
What the manufacture says -
https://ciaudio.com/product/plc•1-mkii-remote-passive-line-controller

Price

New these are $1,000
I would like to get $475 shipped with paypal, which for the quality, you would be hard pressed to find any preamp close to this price that compares (and much higher)

xc7bfgo4x674.jpg
dx8rj91u4nsb.jpg
0mg8esmc6bkt.jpg
hjrkzv4tofe5.jpg
4v71m65uu8rl.jpg
8083y2u6rujd.jpg
2syagxkzxvz8.jpg
4k1ekhj18hz0.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• VR3
    Will give this one one more day then will list elsewhere 😉
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Man that's a nice looking pre, and a smoking deal! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    To the VERBS CAVE/garage...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    IMO, assuming you have a nice source, I am not sure this preamp would be shamed by any preamp regardless of price...
  • VR3
    Sold