Shipping heads up...

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
Everything shipped today except the SDA interconnect to Dave and Tony for the Dayton. I’ll ship them tomorrow. Ran out of spare funds for shipping. Don’t worry and I’ll expedite ASAP.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.

Comments

• dorokusai
    Options
    Thank u guys.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    No worries brah! Thanks for the heads up! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Don't worry about me either. I have till this weekend to get things done. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Don't worry about me either. I have till this weekend to get things done. :D

Oh that Tony! As long as I get mine before he does! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I know Mark is great at shipping! ;)

On the other spectrum from other people, I'm not doing too good. :# This should be in the Bad eBay shipping thread but oh well. here it is since it happened today.

I just received a shipment of a pewter figurine today. A Dragon playing a wizard in a game of chess. It's called "Check Mate". I got it at a good price BUT the darn seller bent a dragon wing pretty bad so it would fit into a really small box! :s:s
    Here it is before shipping. The out splayed wing is now close to the body! :'(
    The price was to good to send it back. I looked for Pewter repair and bending on the web and there isn't hardly anything on the subject. :'(
    ketyv9re9yog.png

This pic from their ad actually looks like the wing is now bent compared to the first pic...Maybe not though >:)
    nf8km7rcnqy7.png

• verb
    Options
    WTF these guys Tony! Amateurs for sure. BTW, cool figurine! :smile:
  • Tony M
    Options
    It is a finely made figurine for sure!
    I went to leave a remark on their eBay page and couldn't for that try. But I saw a pic in their avatar of the group. :s

I can now see a connection to why the wing is bent close to it's body.
    k13po62r79td.png
  • dorokusai
    Options
    That’s messed up. I had my first eBay 10 years problem recently. Argued my case but lost. I’m just as upset as you are.

Do you paint those? I used to love Ral Partha figures.
  • Tony M
    Options
    No painting for me. I don't think I even painted those 100 models I built between 12 and 17 years of age. I liked Monogram models. They looked great without having extra painting done to them.

Pewter looks great to me IF the detail is there. I have some great Chess Sets made out of pewter too. Only the nice sets make it into my collection. Fantasy of the crystal, Franklin Mint "Lord of the Rings" pewter set. That's the 2 nice pewter sets I have. Oh, there's another small "lord of the rings" set I have. I thought they were bigger but they're small. Good detail, but not great. Oh well, the price was right.

Some Pewter sets prices ( even 20 year old sets ) are still above what I want to pay for them, since I don't play that often. :(

I don't mind WHITE figurines either.
    They look like marble to me. I bought 2 Eagle figurines made by "Dear" Co. 25 years ago or so. These were like 350.00 each but on sale for 175.00 ea.. The store was closing in a few months.
    They're all white but the detail is fantastic and they're BIG. Years later, I see a factory painted one on eBay I think it was but it was priced high. I couldn't afford it but it was really painted great! I'll look for one on the web now.

While looking, I spotted this one that I also have. It's only 10" tall though.
    xaabuasocg5w.png

I bought 2 of these 30+ years ago. Again "white alabaster resin" . Looks like carved marble to me. Very big and Marble bases too. They were 350 ea. but on sale for 120.00 ea. w/ free shipping. My very first $$ eagle purchases! I'm still looking for the Dear Eagles! :D
    YEA, I found one of the two I have but this one is painted; $999.00 :o
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEAR-Flying-Eagle-Sculpture-by-A-Belcari-/351951539857
    5kpf83jxh5m7.png

I'm going to look for the other one that goes with this one now...
    LOL...I find another different one that I've owned for 20+ years too. The white doesn't bother me at all. Sorry for the LONG post. I didn't think I'd be posting my eagle purchasing history in this post about leaving figurines unpainted. :#
    h5b4mh9yp2az.png

I can't find these white "Dear" eagles on the web. I'm just going to go to my photos and find a pic or two.
    Here's a close-up of a previous "Check mate" I bought years ago. I found some pics of my Dear Eagles but the one with 2 eagles has been fuzzy. I'll get one soon now though!
    5oxi9cgbvdhz.png

This is the best one yet of the "2 eagle" figurine by Belcari for Dear. It's sitting on a Polk audio Monitor 10.
    73cqpe7blu28.png
    And the other one sitting on the left Monitor 10. They really are DETAILED! They're limited to 2000 white and 1200 painted ones. B)
    9ll1h271wp63.png

Again, Sorry for this long rant.

I'm thinking of using a hair drier to soften the wing joint on the dragon so I can bend it back out. I'll tell later somewhere how it turns out after I attempt it. It might be a few days before I attempt it though.

• Tony M
    edited June 2019
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    That’s messed up. I had my first eBay 10 years problem recently. Argued my case but lost. I’m just as upset as you are.

Do you paint those? I used to love Ral Partha figures.

I feel I'd devalue the pieces if I attempted to paint them. :D

I ALMOST started to collect Ral Partha pewter sculptures but my neck issues got in the way big time. Maybe that was a good thing. I might have thousands of $$$ worth of his sculptures by now if I wasn't sidetracked for 10 years. I'm going to scan eBay right now and look at the pricing of it's pewter pieces nowadays. B)

The first dragon at the top of the list...400.00 :o It's nice but I won't be buying it. :D
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Awesome 😎
  • Tony M
    Options
    Dang it!
    While looking at your post Mark, I went back up and saw I didn't post the Alabaster Resin Eagles that were my first $$$ eagle purchase. Well, here is what I bought two of 30 years ago. :D They're on a good sized black marble base. Very heavy sculptures in deed! :D
    5zmck4zhn1so.png

• verb
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Everything shipped today except the SDA interconnect to Dave and Tony for the Dayton. I’ll ship them tomorrow. Ran out of spare funds for shipping. Don’t worry and I’ll expedite ASAP.

Package arrived today safe and sound. I gotta say, compared to the Dreadnaught, this guy is kinda cute! :smile: Thank you Mark! :smile:

ft1pojqzyxmk.png
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Thanks got my package too.
  • Tony M
    Options
    Got my Silver solder today. B)
    Safe and sound.

Can't wait to use it.

Thanks a lot Mark. ;)
  • dorokusai
    Options
    No problem. Make me a sandwich 😀
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    simonhard wrote: »
    Wow, these dragons are amazing. Do you know where I can get anything like that? Wanna order them so much because my younger brother likes everything related to dragons.

@Tony M
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    What the.....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    I got fooled by a spammer! He went back and edited his post and added a hidden link.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    weirdo that one
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,445
    Options
    no good deed...
    I disabled signatures.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    are these still available?
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    Sold elsewhere...