HERBIES AUDIO LAB Tube Dampers

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited May 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have some tube dampers from Herbies and I don’t believe he makes these anymore. They are white teflon and rubber.

vxvpw8jbb0a7.jpeg

EL-34 type. $50/ shipped.

frqxrr8sjnvv.jpeg
uv0r1qgztqwr.jpeg

6DJ8 type. I have a set of 3/ $40 shipped and a set of 4/ $50 shipped.

That’s it. PayPal accepted and if interested I need your shipping information.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.

Comments

• dorokusai
    Options
    The intention of these, or any damper is to reduce harmonics and sometimes help troubleshoot issues you perceive as odd. There’s all kinds of dampers available. Pick your battle. These are dampers to the next level. As I’ve said previously your ears decide the final product.

These are not a break the bank upgrade. If anything it shows you give a shite and are willing to try new things.

I’ve used Herbies, 😀 for many years on all my tube gear. I believe it’s an easy tweak. I have never used them for birth control but I never roll tubes without an option. YMMV.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    Options
    These were in the heyday of tubes. It’s cool and I’m sure I’ll find a use again down the road.
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Does anyone roll tubes anymore? I’m going thru 50-75 that I’ve kept for some time. I divested all my audio years ago to take a break. More later but buy some dampers! 😀
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Many here do. Mine are 6sn7
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Do you have these? n3r0bvk2ivk8.jpeg
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Or these? Just shooting from the hip.

oflk3f2x191w.jpg
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2019
    Options
    A number of my babies are marked tested from source or friendly test bed. I’d never accept funds until you work it out. Otherwise, graze stuff in confidence.

WTF! I use Netflix and Tubi and I keep waking up to Rest Stop Don’t Look Back. Aside from some nice ****, the movie has no necessary reality. Yeah I rewinded it, don’t hate me!
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2019
    Options
    None of my coven of NOS or solid has ever never been used aside from my Mullard’s.
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Tubes. Yeah I know not ever6iwrph8870bk.jpg
    thing is handy. Ask me what.
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Any requests?
  • pitdogg2
    edited May 2019
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Do you have these? n3r0bvk2ivk8.jpeg

Nope, not in that box if that is 6sn7.
    I see some Tung-Sol 6sn7, those recent Russian built?
  • dorokusai
    Options
    I’m outta network at the time I’ll break them down back at home.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    let me know thanks
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Yes, 6SN7GTB TungSol from Upscale Audio. No birth day noted in packaging.

The other RadTel are USA.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I can't remember; are these the newer or older tube dampeners by Herbie's? They look different than mine, but I don't remember if mine (or yours) are older?

The ones I have work great! If there was a newer version released compared to mine, I am definitely interested. Mine are about 6 or 7 years old (if I remember correctly).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    Looking at the Herbie's site, these look like older versions. Am I incorrect?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • dorokusai
    Options
    That’s correct.
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Last call? 🤔
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Drop at $35 and $45 respectively.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,047
    Options
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Sorry Tony, lost track. $50 shipped and I’d be surprised if I even used. Still have some smaller nick knacks 😀
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Sorry $45. Ugh.
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Still some smaller available...the EL34 type are SOLD.
  • dorokusai
    Options
    Look guys I have a large inventory. I’ll run some off now. It’s not a pricing war as I’m sorting quite a bit. And if no interest, I pack them up.

Most are matched, Tube Depot, Upscale Audio etc.
  • dorokusai
    Options
    SV6 Svetlana Russian matched 270.

SV6 JJ matched from Tube Depot.

EL34 Ei Magnoval matched 86. Someone’s interested in these but I forgot who...

Quad EL34 JJ matched 86.

Quad 6NS7 matched from Upscale Audio 85.

The little tubes come later. Just post interest and I’ll give you a nice deal.
  • dorokusai
    Options
    The EL34’s are SOLD. i still have 6922, 6DJ8....