Monitor 7B questions

Someone in my area has a pair of 7Bs for $50 w/peerless tweeters. From the pic the drivers look good (no obvious tears/holes) but when queried she rated the cabs 6 out of 10 for condition. She also said the sound volume is low so she knows something is amiss. I think the price is good, maybe I can get them lower and at least end up with good drivers/tweets. I have no problem w/crossover update or frozen magnet repair but just figured I'd check out comments from you guys. I'll be checking them out this week.

Comments?

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,533
    Get them, for 50, that's a good deal.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,597
    edited June 16
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Get them, for 50, that's a good deal.

I agree, especially if you have DIY skills. And If in working condition those tweeters will get you at least that much if you decide to part them out...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • JayMXJayMX Posts: 216
    If sound volume is low, could be the magnets have shifted. They still make a little sound even with the voice coils pinched. For $50 that’s a killer deal!
    Current Collection:
    Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7C’s (194’s, Dynamat, Sonicaps, Mills, H-nuts), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 2 (SL2000)

Repair pile: SRS 3.1TL (198’s)

Pairs that have passed through:
    Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10c (3x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, SDA2, SDA2a, SDA1b, SDA SRS2

...and more to come, it’s a sickness.