Crazy Doro’s Loose Ends

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,573
edited June 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a couple things that I don’t need, ever.

I have Pink Floyd WYWH SACD Hybrid thats an original remaster in a paper hardcover case w pics. Interested? Unsure on price for now. Searching. Opened but I’ve never used it as I usually always by 2, this is 1.

Also a very early DarqueKnight modified SDA A1 Pin/Blade interconnect using much better cable runs and simple terminations. As in not gold etc but way better than OEM from all get out.

Also some other trinkets if always used over the years but I gotta research them a bit.

Buy some tube dampers! Reduces harmonics in shady test tubes.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.

Comments

• dorokusai
    Pics....
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    hbzsh977btmu.jpeg
    vajbwuke9e2o.jpeg
    sazbqjc02b0q.jpeg
    rwko81r5vr82.jpeg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Which end of Doro is loose?
  • dorokusai
    It’s always my caboose but only on weekends in Spokane.
  • dorokusai
    DaBoyz let me think about it. The master is fairly common but the interconnect, not. And was custom built for myself and a few others by Raife/ DarqueKnight.

Let me sleep on it but I’m going to make it a combination deal. Both for....I’m not delaying it but I’m thinking $150 shipped for both.

Thoughts?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Thoughts?
    I'm thinking you should know how this works... You start by posting a price, not negotiating it in the thread.... ;)
  • dorokusai
    I was just meandering the idea mdaudioguy. I know quite well how the Flea Market works since there was a few who created rules, guidelines and suggestions way before you showed up.

I appreciate your vigilance of something not hugely ground breaking. When’s the last FREE thing you shipped? I’ve done dozens and dozens.

Far be it from me to touch base and ask questions since it’s been some time for me in this forum.

No worries. You’re right and you win. I wish you the very best.

d
  • dorokusai
    I appreciate the sideline emails and help in regards to pricing from other members. Mdaudioguy’s comments were relevant and valid. I should have researched and posted as such.

The whole idea is now closed and good luck Polkies.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    :o:'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mdaudioguy
    You missed the winky face? Just ribbing you a little. Not trying to "win" anything. Yeah, I know how long you've been around... You should sell the stuff to daboyz if he's interested.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Don't tell me that the famous Mr. A$$less chaps man pulled out the ol' drama card on this one......

Mark, you okay bro'? This ain't like you man.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dorokusai
    MD yeah probably did miss it and it’s all good. I’m just old and sometimes don’t pick up on things. It was a good comment but it really me asking the market for an idea. I’d obviously go with systematic value. It was just a question in the end.

Shut up Tom, I know where you live. I’ve been in your neighbors lawn on multiple occasions dressed as a large rabbit and you still ignore me like a rabid fox. You cut me to the quick.

I’m still in the bushes but usually unaware I’m in YOUR bushes. It’ll work itself out. XoXo.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Bushes? I like bushes! We should team up Mark and really get into Toms head.
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2019
    N/A
  • dorokusai
    DaBoyz. $125 shipped Priority Mail tomorrow. And I’ll throw in a Polk goodie. Ok?
  • mdaudioguy
    That's the spirit! B)
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Thanks. Mark. No need for the cable. If as a set then someone else should take advantage of this.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2019
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Bushes? I like bushes! We should team up Mark and really get into Toms head.

The landscaping is your head, sailor.
    ... or so I have read.

B)
  • dorokusai
    DA, it doesn’t have to be a set. I was trying to stimulate interest.

d
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2019
    Anyone want a Polk Audio bible of SDAs? $30 shipped.

Both sets of XLR have been sold.

PF WYWH was donated.

d

• dorokusai
    In search of an upgraded SDA Cable? $85 shipped.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176

So I have a set of 1C's on my secondary rig in the basement, with the pin/blade IC. How much of an improvement is guy this over the stock IC?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    verb wrote: »

So I have a set of 1C's on my secondary rig in the basement, with the pin/blade IC. How much of an improvement is guy this over the stock IC?

Better than stock P/b. Improvement well that only you can decide BUT you're no longer dedicated to common ground only architecture.
    So there's that and pretty rare but this one has improved wiring that Raife built so probably less the 5 in the world.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Thanks Ivan! I'm learning to trust your judgement, among others here on CP! PM sent! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    On my 2.3tl the stock AI-1 was better than stock P/b cable on common ground amp.
  • dorokusai
    Ivan? Pitdogg2 thanks man. That’s a very well rounded comment and you’ve been here long enough to know small to large benefits in a lot of stuff.

Verb, it’s my opinion that it’s a worthwhile upgrade, custom made and your out, <100 for peace of mind. Sonically that’s on your end and it doesn’t have to change the world to be better. Simple.

• pitdogg2
    Yes Ivan Mark ;)
    Thanks man
  • dorokusai
    I just searched my lists. I digress man. Hundreds.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited June 2019
    I've got a A1 on my CRS+s with the baked potato mod sounds a lot better than the stock pin blade. Verb you might as well buy it $85 is a steal for this one. It's just drop in the hat with your deep pockets. :D
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)