More Stuff For Sale

Options

Comments

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    I agree with @verb
    I have to deal with this kind of "it's all about ME, because I'M THE CUSTOMER" attitude at my job all day, every day.
    I've had people flatly tell me to my face that they didn't care about mine or someone else's personal problems and that they didn't come in there for that. Of course since they are the customer and "the customer is always right", I have to put up with that Bull$#!!.
    It's really a shame that people are like that nowadays. Your personal problems are your own and you have no business bringing them into this transaction, because that is no excuse.

IS THIS REALLY THE KIND OF WORLD THAT WE HAVE CREATED???

I'm giving you my money and therefore I can say or do whatever I want to you no matter how crass, rude, nonsensical, ridiculous or even things that are borderline illegal or immoral and you just have to take it!!

I suggest everyone who looks at this thread hit the flag tab on that post where the buyer shared the e-mails and the sellers personal information immediately.

I also extend my best wishes to your mother and a speedy recovery Ryan.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    If someone wants flawless, they should pay the extra and buy brand-new. And honestly, that's not like a 'statement piece' anyway. It probably gets shoved to the back of the rack in the shadows.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    edited June 2019
    Options
    jbail2011 so you see a scratch and he tells you he'll refund your money if you send it back to him and explains why he forgot to mention it. I think he had a very good reason for that. He being more than fair with you, but you see an opportunity to get a discount so you think. Numerous people have said you are getting a good deal, especially since you didn't have that many posts here and he took a chance on you. Most people here wouldn't have taken that chance.

Something tells me if the situation was reversed you wouldn't want to offer a refund. I may be wrong on that, but based on how you're acting I wouldn't want to find out.

I can't speak for others, but I know I won't buy or sell anything to you.

BTW Ryan very sorry to hear about your Mom, I hope she makes a full recovery soon.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited June 2019
    Options
    In jbail2011's defense I will say that he purchased a set of crossovers that Trey had made for some 2b's, and, that transaction went smoothly. However, this was a bad move on his part. Hopefully, he can find a way and work his way back in to the forums good graces.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    I vouch for Ryan, great seller. I mean can you even see that scratch from sitting a couple feet away. Highly doubt it.

It is what it is, I hold no ill feelings towards the seller in this instance.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Posting the PM exchange in open forum was a d!ck move - ESPECIALLY after a refund was offered. The fact that the buyer is unwilling to send it back for a refund, tells me that the scratch really doesn’t bother him too much... sadly, just another opportunist looking to gouge an honest seller. Sad.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    I’ll just say three things. First, I have dealt with Ryan on many prior occasions and he’s as straight up honorable as they come as everyone on this forum that’s been around for more than a handful of posts knows; second, I wish you the best concerning your mother; third, jbail2011 should apologize for impugning Ryan’s integrity. Oh, by the way i’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: there’s a very good reason for the 100 post rule, formally enforced or informally observed.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    jbail2011 wrote: »
    Nor was it shipped with a power cord.

Oh, the humanity.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Did this get resolved?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    The buyer hasn’t said anything here or in PMs since his post in this thread “calling me out”.

But if he wants to send it back, I am happy to refund his $75 once the item is received.
    Or he can keep it. Either way works for me.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    Seems to me Ryan is offering what any stand-up seller would, send it back and the money will be refunded.

As for the buyer, posting PM's on the forum is not how to resolve an issue.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Ryan is so cool that he and his wife let me sleep in their garage when I'm in town.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Ryan is so cool that he and his wife let me sleep in their garage when I'm in town.

Lucky for you he has no dog house... ;)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Sometimes in the summer I sleep in my backyard, the Guest room. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • lightman1
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

Lucky for you he has no dog house... ;)

More cats than you can shake a stick at, though....
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Ryan who ?? :D

All I know is....the man is a Saint. Anyone who has shared a room with Russ, and lived to tell about it, has to be tough as nails or a Deity.

as for this transaction....I see Ryan is doing what any respectable seller should. Plus the piece was priced accordingly to account for any minor scratches as most used pieces will have anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Prayers for your mother, Ryan.

Our forum needs a Sheriff.

w8vgz67z21t4.jpg

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    Use "Black Paint" on the scratch ?
  • jbail2011
    jbail2011 Posts: 102
    Options
    This sure did go south... sorry everyone. Aparently i made a few mistakes here. My intention was to alert other members that i got an item other than it was described. I did not intend to solicite ryans info or personal business. Everyone has been awesome helping me with my speakers and i was looking forward to becoming a part of this community. Please accept my appologies. I am keeping the unit. My concern wasnt money, it was principal.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3 TL
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2 x2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Ryan said hi to me once😂!
    Buyer snuck in the back door..first no no....and the rest off the no no's follow as seen here. We all know Ryan is the real deal so let this nut job figure out what a crap move it was to air the PM's here in the thread. Ryan you Rock. Can I squat in your garage someday...like Russ did?😂😂😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    You are welcome to squat in my garage but if you "squat" like Russ did, you'll get the hose.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • lightman1
    Options
    I likes the hose.... Feels goods on the skins....
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    This sure did go south... sorry everyone. Aparently i made a few mistakes here. My intention was to alert other members that i got an item other than it was described. I did not intend to solicite ryans info or personal business. Everyone has been awesome helping me with my speakers and i was looking forward to becoming a part of this community. Please accept my appologies. I am keeping the unit. My concern wasnt money, it was principal.

Thanks for the "apology." Pretty much a great bunch of folks here. In the future try reaching out to the person and working through it in private. You may be surprised at the positive outcome. You realize that being a noob you're going to take a fair ration oh **** over this. Make amends the best you can and then make friends. Everyone one here will go out of their way for good members.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options

Your intentions were quite clear...

and Shut UP Russ!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options

Apology accepted! I can respect that. Hope you hang around, and get the feeling of community and family. Everyone here that is a regular (I consider myself fairly new here) helps each other out, offers advice, jabs and pokes a bit, all in good fun.

I remember when I first joined making some newbie mistakes. Got spanked a few times. But I learned to watch and listen. Watch how others are treated, listen to the advice given, see the encouragement, and learn from it.

Eventually, got the lay of the land. Was gun shy at first, but eventually started to reach out more. I'll be the first to admit that I have nowhere near the knowledge and experience of most on this forum. That's why I'm here. To learn.

As you can tell, we got Ryan's back. Eventually, if you hang with us, we'll have yours as well. Heck, we all go into the ditch once in while. The key is to stand up to it, admit it, and move forward.

Rock on brother! :smile:

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    You can make immediate amends here if you send Ryan that Swedish Peni5 enlarger pump...
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    If it comes packed in your Adantes, Joe, I accept!

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    You are welcome to squat in my garage but if you "squat" like Russ did, you'll get the hose.
    He should have put on the lotion.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    If it comes packed in your Adantes, Joe, I accept!

That’s borderline disgusting Ryan.