RT1000i - PSW350 connection question

I realize these are old but were basically given to me. I looked at the manual and I'm still uncertain how to connect these to make the tower speaker subs work. I am connecting them to a Yamaha RX-V471 av receiver. My questions are 1. Do I need both the stand alone sub and the tower speaker subs or just the towers alone? 2. To really get the performance out of this setup, how do I wire them together? Please speak in "Speakers for Dummies" terms. haha Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Connect the right speaker to the binding posts on the AVR marked Front R. The left speaker to Front L. The sub you connect with an RCA cable to the jack on the AVR marked SUBWOOFER, you can't miss it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    F1nut wrote: »
    Connect the right speaker to the binding posts on the AVR marked Front R. The left speaker to Front L. The sub you connect with an RCA cable to the jack on the AVR marked SUBWOOFER, you can't miss it.

This ^^^

Plus, make sure the jumper plates are in place between the top and bottom speaker posts on the back of the speaker. The built in subs on the speakers are meant to augment the speaker, not act as a stand alone subwoofer.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable