FS: Conrad Johnson MF2275

Another really good amp for your consideration. It is in mint condition. It works without any problems. It has enough power to produce really great sound. I have used it in my stereo system. No scratches or any other imperfections that I can see. I do not need this amp anymore and that is why I am selling. Have been very happy with it.

Asking $1350 shipped. PayPal as F&F preferred or add 3%.

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Well Dhavel looks like you’re cleaning house! Nice amp! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    verb wrote: »
    Well Dhavel looks like you’re cleaning house! Nice amp! :smile:

I have one too many amps on hand which I am not using as I should. So hoping someone else can have better use of this and a couple more that I will post later.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    What??
    @verb didn't buy it already?!?!?!? :o
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    What??

I’m going to give it a few days. Then will be looking for the “Conrad Johnson Residing at Verb’s House!” thread!

• verb
    What??

The MF2300A could use a little brother! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    What??

I’m going to give it a few days. Then will be looking for the “Conrad Johnson Residing at Verb’s House!” thread!

Actually my McIntosh MC300 is looking for a twin! :smile:
  • jumpindick
    Thanks for the bump guys.

Let me know if I am off on price. Open to reasonable offers.
  • honestaquarian
    Pics or it never happened!
  • honestaquarian
    verb wrote: »
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    What??

Actually my McIntosh MC300 is looking for a twin! :smile:

To quote Ronald Reagan when he was debating Jimmy Carter "There you go AGAIN!!" :p
  • jumpindick
    Pics or it never happened!

Posted. My bad.. should have taken and posted some pics when I started this thread. I was in the middle of travel and just got back home yesterday.
  • hrboucher
    hrboucher Posts: 8
    Is the Conrad Johnson MF 2275 amp still for sale?
  • honestaquarian
    What?
    @verb didn’t buy it already?!?!?!?!😲
  • verb
    What?
    @verb didn’t buy it already?!?!?!?!😲

LOL! Still got the MF2300A! It's hibernating right now! :smile:
  • jumpindick
    Thanks guys for the bump. Let's do $1300 shipped.
  • hrboucher
    Jumpindick, I’m interested in buying the c-j MF 2275. Would like to discuss with you, outside of the forum. Do you have an email address I can use?
    Thanks,
    hrboucher
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Well he's nothing if not persistent! Lol.
  • honestaquarian
    He's also a new member with only two posts(both of which are on this thread)
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION!
  • hrboucher
    With all due respect, I would have thought I was the one to proceed with caution. After all, I’m the one risking $1,300 to buy an amplifier without auditioning it from a total stranger. I’m just a guy who enjoys the way Conrad Johnson equipment reproduces music. I currently have a c-j PV12 preamplifier that I would like to pair with a c-j amplifier. If newcomers are not welcome here, just let me know and I’ll seek my c-j amplifier elsewhere. Thanks.
    P.S. For what it’s worth, I have 100% positive feedback ratings from Audiogon and USAudiomart.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Newcomers are absolutely welcome. This forum is more like a family than just a forum. We've seen many people sign up just to get an advantageous deal on a nice piece of equipment. There use to be a 100 post minimum, but, that went away with the new platform. If you knew anything about this forum you would know that you wouldn't be the one risking anything dealing with the people that hang out here. Hang around a bit and get to know us, and, allow us to get to know you. You'll meet some great people with a vast amount of knowledge that will go to incredible lengths for each other.

Welcome.

PS, if the OP chooses to make a deal with a new member it's entirely up to them.
  • hrboucher
    kharp1: Thank you for your welcome. Perhaps the forum members would like to know more about me. I’m a retired environmental engineer who loves music, both live and reproduced. Being retired is great because it gives me lots of time to listen to music on my audio system. I’m a two-channel guy with a preference for musical sounding equipment. That’s why I have Harbeth Compact 7 speakers, a c-j tube preamp and an Audio Note DAC in my system. I recently added an Arcam CDS 50 combination CD/SACD player and music streamer (Tidal, Qobuz, etc.) to my system. I use the Arcam as a CD transport, an SACD player and a hi-rez streamer. I like it for the money.

Oh, by the way, I see you have a Marsh a200s in your second system. I had a Marsh 200 amp once. It didn’t float my boat. I found it on the clinical side. Accurate to a fault. I guess I prefer the musical warmth provided by the Conrad Johnsons and Harbeths of this world.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited June 2019
    hrboucher wrote: »
    I recently added an Arcam CDS 50 combination CD/SACD player and music streamer (Tidal, Qobuz, etc.) to my system. I use the Arcam as a CD transport, an SACD player and a hi-rez streamer. I like it for the money.
    That looks like a nice unit. So I see that they now have the MusicLife app for Android?

Anyway, the CJ seems like a very nice SS amp. Retailed for $3850! Would be a sweet combo with the CJ tube preamp.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • hrboucher
    My MusicLife is an iOS app. I don’t think there’s an Android app yet for the Arcam.
  • verb
    Hey @hrboucher welcome! Hang around for a while with us! I too love CJ, as I have a MF2300A, my first big jump into the higher end audio stuff!

Looking forward to journey! :smile:
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    @hrboucher do you run a sub with your Harbeths?
  • hrboucher
    Kharp1: I do—a small (8”) REL. Crossover is low—40 Hz. Don’t want to hear it except for really low bass such as pipe organ. I have a small room (12’ x 12’) so the Harbeths have plenty of bass by themselves.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    My MusicLife is an iOS app. I don’t think there’s an Android app yet for the Arcam.
    That's what I thought....then I saw this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harman.musiclife&hl=en_US
    Effortlessly control streaming music from your Mac / PC or NAS drive directly from your Android device.

Arcam's Solo Music, Solo Movie, CDS50 SACD/CD player, CDS27 SACD/CD player, UPnP airDAC, UDP411 Blu Ray player, AV860, AVR850, AVR550, AVR390, SR250, AV950, AVR750, AVR450, AVR380, AVR400, AVR360, AV888, AVR600, AVR500 High-End Home Cinema components and the Solo Neo one-box high-performance music system, all feature an advanced network streaming music player.

Now featuring Internet Radio, Podcasts, TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, Napster & HIGHRESAUDIO support for the CDS50, CDS27, UDP411, Solo Movie & Solo Music provided by airable.

MusicLife gives you complete control of the media player in your Arcam network-based music system, including playback of content stored on your Android device, and shuffle & repeat playback.

A number of popular media servers are supported.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This app only works with the Arcam equipment listed above.

OK, sorry to thread jack..... back to the selling of the CJ!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • hrboucher
    Glad to know Arcam’s MusicLife app now works with Android but the reviews of the app are not exactly stellar.
  • hrboucher
    Verb: I’m interested to know if your happiness with the cj Mf 2300A has something to do with it being an older cj MOSFET output stage design instead of the newer bi-polar output transistor design that characterizes cj’s more recent solid state amplifiers. A technician at cj opined that the bass response of the bi-polar amps was better. But I wonder if these newer bi-polar cj solid state amps have lost the cj magic and sound like everyone else’s solid state amps. Do you have any issues with the bass performance of your 2300A?
  • verb
    Verb: I’m interested to know if your happiness with the cj Mf 2300A has something to do with it being an older cj MOSFET output stage design instead of the newer bi-polar output transistor design that characterizes cj’s more recent solid state amplifiers. A technician at cj opined that the bass response of the bi-polar amps was better. But I wonder if these newer bi-polar cj solid state amps have lost the cj magic and sound like everyone else’s solid state amps. Do you have any issues with the bass performance of your 2300A?

Nope! Admittedly - The CJ was my very first higher end amp, and when compared to the Carver TFM35x amp that it replaced, I was completely blown away! The Carver is resting comfortably back in the box!

I've since moved on to other amps, my McIntosh MC300 being the fave, and the McCormack, but have no issues with the CJ going back into rotation someday.

I have not heard the newer CJ's, maybe others can opine.

I can say that Dhavel @jumpindick is a great seller, knows his stuff, as I have bought items from him in the past. You can't go wrong with this amp, IMO! :smile: