Insteon devices interest check

maximillian
maximillian Posts: 2,142
edited May 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Anyone into Insteon for home automation control? I converted to Z-wave devices and have a few light switches and bridge devices available. I am a little lazy to put them individually on Ebay and Insteon seems to be waining so I would prefer to give them to someone here who is still using this protocol. I do not have a controller/hub since I am using an ISY that supports z-wave so keeping that part. So if you don't already have an Insteon setup then I would not recommend starting one with my parts. It will end up costing more. If enough interest then I can post photos later.

Consider it a karma, but I am posting to the FM instead. That will mean a minimal post count.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2019
    I’m possibly interested as I’ve been looking at those myself. Realize I’d need the hub but depending on what you’ve got it might help me out.

I think those still work within the Google home environment which is what I’m using

I also think @ZLTFUL already is using some, and he’s an Alexa guy
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Memorial sale going on now on the website. Good luck. Nice Karma!
    Peace. Dib2rsihad2rd.png
    https://www.smarthome.com/promotions/2019-memorial-day-sale/insteon/doorbusters.html
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I could use multiple more switches myself. I have the hub already and am slowly moving all of the "dumb" switches over. And most importantly, I will be using them in my theater for "scenes" to go to 30% for previews and then full off for movies.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • maximillian
    I'll try to take a photo tonight and upload. My preference is to give the stuff to someone that already has an Insteon setup since there's often communications issues that are not easy to solve. If you haven't gotten a stable system working already then it's better to go with a more modern hub/protocol.

If there's only a couple of you interested then you could even split the stuff up.
  • ZLTFUL
    Sounds good man.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • maximillian
    edited May 2019
    Here's the photos:

Four 2466SW toggles
    Two 2466DW dimmers
    Four 2876S toggle paddles

The four 2466SW were used a few years in my home and pulled working. Never installed the rest; they were bought used off Ebay a few years ago.
    63yj5a7hje3q.jpg

Leviton HCA02 phase bridge. Used in my home several years. I assume it works since the LED lights up but don't know for sure.
    nif1kk5vmpxs.jpg

Lamp Dimmer. Appliance Toggle. Used only minor amount then has been in storage mostly.
    jm8vpm5apjdg.jpg

Two LED bulbs. New, never used.
    n96qt0pszr8t.jpg

Access points (repeaters). Used in home for several years. I assume they work (LED lights up and can pair) but, again, no way to test.
    knt0971hceyp.jpg

2413S Powerlinc. Pretty sure it doesn't work. I can chuck it, or ship and you can try.
    v8r6k7rwvhvz.jpg
    A few years ago I replaced a similar one when the system didn't work and got the system working again. In December my system wasn't working again so I bought another one. This time I couldn't get the system working with a replacement. So I returned the replacement and made the plunge to Z-Wave.

Five motion lights. Packaged one still sealed. Top right never used. Bottom left used in home and has slight discoloration. Two on bottom right used outside. One may no longer be working. Can discard or ship these discolored ones.
    hcb8c98rbxgs.jpg

Again, this is a karma and I will pay shipping. Whoever wants them should promise not to simply turn around and flip on Ebay. Would prefer to see the parts go to someone that will use them. And since they aren't easy to use they should go to someone that has an existing setup.

My ask is that you pay it forward in kindness on the forums - help or continue to help others out. Make the Polk Forums Great Again.

• ZLTFUL

Could really use those 4.
    Otherwise, I will have to go new on the rest since I need the paddle style dimmers as that is what all of the switches are in our house and my wife prefers that aesthetic.

• EndersShadow
    I'm doing some double checking, but I may just take the rest since it seems only Ryan and I are interested.

My house uses the old school switches in every room but the master (but I might switch those back now) and I've got a single fan thats a dimmer, so these will prob work well.... I also have a light in my loft I'd love to control w the outlet version and can prob find an appliance (likely my wifes coffee maker) to control with the appliance one.

Then I have a couple lamps for the LED's as well that would be nice to program.

I know I need to buy the hub for it to work with google assistant, but I'd need to do that even if going new, and if I do it this weekend I'd get two more lamp controllers to boot...

Russ is coming over tomorrow to help me run a dedicated outlet to my garage freezer (its currently tripping the GFI often enough I'm concerned our frozen food wont stay frozen), so I will consult with him to make sure I'm not missing the obvious and then let you know.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Wanna take a 1 mile ride down the road and set it up at my house? Is install part of the karma?

;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    I can take the rest. Russ is sure they work with my setup lol....
  • maximillian
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Could really use those 4.
    Otherwise, I will have to go new on the rest since I need the paddle style dimmers as that is what all of the switches are in our house and my wife prefers that aesthetic.

I believe the 2876S toggle paddles are not dimmers though. They are on/off. If that meets your need you want these 4 and EndersShadow gets the rest? Correct?

If you two are in agreement then send both of you send me your addresses via PM and I will get them out this week. BTW, someone named Ryan PM'ed me. Is one of you Ryan?

Endershadow, please make sure that Insteon is the way you want to go. Wouldn't want you buying a hub and not liking the performance. I moved to z-wave with my ISY-994i and am far happier with the new setup. When I had Insteon working it was about 95% reliable. Every once in a while it failed to turn something on or off. And the few z-wave devices seemed to only work OK. Since converting everything to z-wave I haven't had any issues.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2019
    They have a 30 day return policy if something doesn’t work out.... (and then I’d re-karma the items)...

But I trust Ryan’s judgement and he's been suggesting Insteon to me for about 6 months lol....
  • ZLTFUL
    Yeah I am Ryan. Heh.

The on/off are fine as I need several of those.
    PM incoming.

• EndersShadow
    @maximillian

My stuff arrived earlier this week, as did my Hub.

Got one of the LED bulbs up and running, will be working on the switches later this weekend, with some assistance from my lighting mentor @lightman1 ......

Thanks again, super pumped to get stuff going, especially since all this integrates with Google Assistant, and it worked great with the single LED.....