Nuance Spatial 3S speakers from Canada

Options
Jimbo18
Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
I just picked up 4 towers and a center channel, haven't even hooked them up yet. Reviews seem to be mixed but most of the bad ones refer to them as overpriced. These weren't.

Anyone familiar with them?
xo2y8qhbb1jc.jpg

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    Any chance they were originally sold from the back of a white van?
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Any chance they were originally sold from the back of a white van?

Lol, no but I read they used some weird tactics selling in the stores in Canada
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    I tried them out with a little music and then a Blu-ray. Most of the use on the HT is movies. I like them. The center is excellent for dialog, the bass and highs are better than the RT800s on the towers.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I know these speakers, and Not to be confused with Fluance. I believe my dad still has one of their subs in his home theater. These certainly were over priced when new, and were very popular here. They made a really nice cabinet, with cheap parts. I owned a pair when I was a budding audiophile, and really liked them when I had them. From what I remember is was excessive warranty claims that put them out of business. Lol
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Jimbo18
    Options
    mikeyb128, that's what I have seen online. Definitely overpriced if the numbers I saw were correct. They sound very good, but not thousands good. Some compared them to Bose because of the cost-to-sound ratio.