Looking for a used mid sized SUV

2»

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Wife has a Mazda CX-5 and loves it...
    We own one for our son and like it so much are considering a 2nd. Best vehicle, beside our 2006 Pilot, we have owned. My wife and 2 kids walked away from an accident which totaled our initial CX 5....so we replaced it with another.

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited May 2019
    DSkip wrote: »
    The A7 is my dream car as well. I also dig the Panamera and Q70L. Something about those big sports sedans really revs the engine.
    OMG, I almost broke my neck checking out a Panamera I passes the other day. It was really sporty, white with black spoilers, wheels, accents, etc....the deluxe model to say the least.

I could not tell which is was, but it had a bad a_s_s appearance and stance on the street!

Porsche-Panamera-4-e-hybrid-Press-Photos-4-Medium-Medium.jpg

porsche_techart_concept_one.jpg

The big 5 door sedans are just so cool!
    2012%2BAudi%2BA7%2BRoad%2BTest%2B22.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    muncybob wrote: »
    Well the plan was to stick with the car and the truck and to not replace the Jimmy. So I made sure the truck had an 8' bed(for firewood hauling, etc) and doors to access the back seat. After the Mrs got into the truck those plans went down the crapper. It's just too big for her to drive w/o being a nervous wreck.
    So a SUV is what she wants for peace of mind and room to haul the dogs around. People around here feel they need the AWD and SUV types for the few actual snow storms we get these days but my Cruze(with snow tires) can go up our 1/4 mile gravel lane no problem if we have less than 4" on the ground.

14 RX here and have never used the AWD here in the rust belt. If I could've found a 2 wheel drive I probably would've bought it. Pretty hard find though. Too many AWD's on the road that are not needed.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    heiney9 wrote: »
    But that's just me. I see getting a full sized SUV for it's capacity, but these CUV's, I don't understand the appeal.
    H9
    When we moved to IN from MI I pretty much started over refurnishing our house. I purchased at least a third or more of my stuff shopping craigslist chicago. One shopping trip, I got

1) Dining room table
    2) Six dining room chairs
    3) Two small 20" diameter cylinder nightstands

All into the CX-5! It's got 34.1 Cu Ft cargo, 64.8 with the seats down. So, for these reasons it's nice to have one in the family. All would not have fit into my old Chrysler 300 sedan with its 16.8 Cu Ft trunk. All of the larger stuff I purchased, I just rented a truck from Menards!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    This past week our rdx was in the shop getting some body work done. Our rental was a qx60. Although I didn't find lots of aspects comfortable for me I really liked the size. When our rav dies or in 3 years we will definitely be looking at an mdx, rx350. With a bigger dog, and 2 very tall young kids I like knowing we have more room, space.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Buy her a CPO Lexus RX350. Midsized, comfortable, lots of room, all wheel drive, and that Toyota dependability. You can get a 3 year old one with under 50k for like 26k.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • charley95
    14 RX here bought in late 14 with 6k on the clock. Today it has 40k on it with ZERO repairs! Most reliable car owned other than interior rattles from Illinois roads. I'll put Toyota against ANY brand for long term reliability.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    charley95 wrote: »
    14 RX here bought in late 14 with 6k on the clock. Today it has 40k on it with ZERO repairs! Most reliable car owned other than interior rattles from Illinois roads. I'll put Toyota against ANY brand for long term reliability.

Dear god man. Do you drive the car or just store it in the garage?
    No wonder you get long term reliability... :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • charley95
    I live in central Illinois where it's only a 10 min. drive to most anywhere. Girlfriends job is 5 min. from home.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    muncybob wrote: »
    Well the plan was to stick with the car and the truck and to not replace the Jimmy. So I made sure the truck had an 8' bed(for firewood hauling, etc) and doors to access the back seat. After the Mrs got into the truck those plans went down the crapper. It's just too big for her to drive w/o being a nervous wreck.
    So a SUV is what she wants for peace of mind and room to haul the dogs around. People around here feel they need the AWD and SUV types for the few actual snow storms we get these days but my Cruze(with snow tires) can go up our 1/4 mile gravel lane no problem if we have less than 4" on the ground.

She needs a 4Runner. One of the last real mid-size SUVs; sitting on a steel box frame. A real 4wd available or a Torsen center diff AWD with and ATRAC. It’s old school tech and no fancy features, super reliable and a beast in the snow.

But it’s comparatively expensive and gets poor fuel mileage. 17-21mpg.

I’ve had my 2018 for almost a year; easily the most practical vehicle I’ve owned. It just works and I love the piece of mind.

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Get a Mazda CX-5. That’s most likely my next vehicle if my 2005 Mazda 3s ever stops working. The only drawback to the CX-5 is it has an automatic transmission, and I have never owned a car with an auto.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    My 06 4runner is showing its age. Have about $3k worth of recommended repairs so I'm also in the hunt for a newer vehicle. Leaning towards a 2014-2016 either Land Cruiser or LX 570. Not to thread jack, but anyone have any experience with either model?
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Hope your hunt is going better than mine. Test drove a 570 at the local Lexus dealership Monday. Have a look today and notice that the price (which has been static since early March) was increased by $950 the day after I expressed interest. So not only is it currently overpriced, they put another $1k layer on top of that. I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve, but I hope winning my business isn't one of their goals.........b/c this ain't how it's done.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"