SweetVinyl SugarCube SC-2 at Nooshinjohn's house!

FINALLY got one!
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9e6ba-sweetvinyl-sugarcube-sc-2-black-new-in-box-turntables?show_listing=true

I am excited to give this a go and will report my findings...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Very nice. Looking forward to the review.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I am sorry John but looking at what you posted I do not know what a sugar cube is?

is it a Phono amp ? or noise canceling like blocks? forgive me!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    voltz wrote: »
    I am sorry John but looking at what you posted I do not know what a sugar cube is?

is it a Phono amp ? or noise canceling like blocks? forgive me!

Noise cancelling of pops and clicks...
    https://www.musicdirect.com/accessories/SweetVinyl-Sugarcube-SC2
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Congrats to your long awaited quest to try the magic box out!

click...pop...no more! ----...----... :DB) the sound of silence... B)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The goal is to transfer all my vinyl to my hard drive. This seems to be the very best way for a lazy **** like myself with a two year old to watch to get the job done. I will likely keep 75 or so LP's around for fun, but I just don't see a need to have a 30k turntable setup around when all I have time for is my digital rig anymore. Most of my CD's will be going as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Yeah... I have my Oppo if I feel like spinning discs. I talked with a buddy of mine that owns a stereo shop near my home, and he is right. Disc formats are a dying breed, and the players along with them. My goal is to get a strong digital front end and retire from silver discs altogether. I will keep some vinyl for nostalgia sake, but will use the money I free up from my table to get a dCS DAC and call it a day.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Burn babyburn!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I understand there were quite a number of new CD/SACD players at the Munich show this year.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    So when you start to offload, I would like to be first in line for:
    70’s/80’s classic rock/pop

• nooshinjohn
    The cd's will be going first...

• nooshinjohn
    F1nut wrote: »
    I understand there were quite a number of new CD/SACD players at the Munich show this year.

That appears to be the case, and any worth a listen require a second mortgage on the house to acquire. I simply cannot justify that kind of coin any longer after what I saw/heard last Saturday... more on that later.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited May 2019
    You should get a Lumin X1, which has an excellent built in DAC. I very rarely use my CD player any more.

http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-x1.html
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Says the guy with the $30k TT.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    I know... fortunately I shop frugally. :p

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    The goal is to transfer all my vinyl to my hard drive. This seems to be the very best way for a lazy **** like myself with a two year old to watch to get the job done. I will likely keep 75 or so LP's around for fun, but I just don't see a need to have a 30k turntable setup around when all I have time for is my digital rig anymore. Most of my CD's will be going as well.
    Good for you. As noted, that's definitely not a 'need'. At least you can say, "been there, done that." We'll be waiting for the karma listing :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Do tell, how much off of retail? I have been looking and missed this on the 'gon
    [
  • nooshinjohn
    I sent you a pm.... these things have been around long enough now that if people weren’t happy with them, there would be a few on the used market or sold as open box through Music Direct. There are none, and this one the guy never even installed, so I thought I would give it a try.