Feelers: Squeezebox Radio (have 2 units)

Options
EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
edited March 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have two Logitech Squeezebox Radio's I'm debating offloading. We've moved to mostly Google Home Mini's and Chromecast Audio's, leaving these sitting in my closet.

They have been used for a couple years and likely have a few scratches and dings, but are in fairly good condition.

I'm thinking 50 + ship per unit via Paypal Friends and Family. I will try to get pictures up shortly. Package deal for both units and I will throw in a Squeezebox v2 in rough shape (but still working) for free.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Pics below. Unit 2 has a battery pack meaning you can disconnect it from the wall wart and it will still play. Unit 1 is capable of having one installed, but DOES NOT have one in there currently. Unit 2 has what appears to be marker on the source dial that shows as a slightly diff shade of black from 2 feet away, never even noticed it in real use.

Both units have Ethernet ports to hardwire if you want, headphone jacks as well AND a 3.5mm input for a phone/mp3 player.

Might be a great start for kido's, its what I used instead of a sound machine to soothe them to sleep.

Slight swirls on both units with the non-battery unit also having some scratches on the back.

I know they both work to play Pandora and also your own music via squeezebox server as I just did that. They should work with Spotify as well, I just never installed it on the units.

I believe there are still 3rd party apps that will let you control the units remotely via your phone, but cannot confirm it.

None of the scratches are readily apparent until you get right up on the units. We have dogs, a cat, and 2 kids, but we are a smoke free house. Both units were on the top of their dressers (or taken to the garage by me to help liven up working out there) and treated with respect. As a bonus, any dust on the units is included free of charge.

Unit 1 without a battery, labeled as an actual Logitech Squeezebox Radio....
    Feature Guide
    Users Manual

u4oaccpm0j2d.jpeg
    pcsc7xd0a6mk.jpeg
    dz7icm47wdza.jpeg
    y13t9ry6pxbt.jpeg

In order to get a good picture of the damage it ends up looking worse than it is.... and its also the BACK of the unit..
    uuarb0l0s1dv.jpeg

**************************************************************************************
    Unit 2 with a battery, labeled as a Logitech Smart Radio (denonted by UE on the front). Works identical and not sure what differences between each unit there is
    User Guide

Not the slight marker on the big dial
    bdkrhq7v1x9q.jpeg
    c1bcit0jrxcj.jpeg
    gzrvtclwgppo.jpeg
    6vj14x0qow00.jpeg
    bn6kp8oxpito.jpeg

**************************************************************************************
    Both units. One playing Pandora off the web, the other my music (AC/DC) off my NAS, Note how hard it is to see the marker on Unit 2's source dial

mgeo63e2yofi.jpeg
    jul77ws1d8p1.jpeg

Post edited by EndersShadow on
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Open to entertaining offers..... within reason
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    If you have Roon with the Squeezebox option turned on you can control these from the Roon app - including volume.

The knobs can be replaced. The little one with a "chicken head" knob and the big one with something similar...can't remember where I got it. It doesn't quite fill the entire area but works very well.

Now...can I use another one of these...?
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ALL212 wrote: »
    Now...can I use another one of these...?

If you dont have systems in your bathrooms yet... these are perfect :smile:

Wife can sing in the shower..... Also easy for use in the garage or outside........

• EndersShadow
    Options
    What’s it gonna take to put these in someone’s home lol
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    40 plus shipping....
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    heading to eBay tomorrow... I have the original packaging for both..
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    The Logitech UE is sold to @ALL212 along with an extra wallwart :smile: ......
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Both units sold