Favorite Country music artist/band?

I like Country but don't have a lot in my collection. What am I missing?

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    PHOOEY! Y'ALL DON'T LIKE COUNTRY?
  • afterburnt
    How bout a good Waylong Johnson album?
  • afterburnt
    Clipdat wrote: »

That's bad assed, good beat easy to dance to!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    If it's modern country you're not missing anything
  • afterburnt
    If it's modern country you're not missing anything

I agree, modern/contemporary anything is pretty lame. I think my favorite all-time Country artist is Hank Williams. He is a fixture of my days as a sharecropper in Dix Hills N.Y. I got back into Country sort of when I got cable. CMT had some hot chicks that could sing. But I regress, that was so last century.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    George Strait, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Kenny Chesney, Alabama, Brooks n Dunn, Trace Adkins, Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry, Eric Church, Merle Haggard, Reba McEntire, Tanya Tucker, Faith Hill, Trisha Yearwood, Lady Antebellum, Sugarland, Tracy Lawrence, Blackhawk, Diamond Rio, Hank Jr., Conway Twitty, Randy Travis, Waylon Jennings, Earl Thomas Conley, Ronnie Milsap, John Denver, Sara Evans, Chris Ledoux, Gary Allan, Jason Aldean, Chris Stapleton, Jamey Johnson, Blake Shelton, would be a few I’d want to include in my collection.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    would -- might -- you consider this snappy dressin' Texan country?

https://youtu.be/n2OrBhVMKrk

https://youtu.be/VXoIB3xb4Ts

https://youtu.be/fLU_IYflUkQ

Or... howzabout Ms Lucinda?

https://youtu.be/svlGYj0U5dE

https://youtu.be/uE2UFfVKCc0

https://youtu.be/P2qwS4iAFKE
    (Tom Petty did a pretty OK cover of this song of hers)
  • afterburnt
    George Strait, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Kenny Chesney, Alabama, Brooks n Dunn, Trace Adkins, Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry, Eric Church, Merle Haggard, Reba McEntire, Tanya Tucker, Faith Hill, Trisha Yearwood, Lady Antebellum, Sugarland, Tracy Lawrence, Blackhawk, Diamond Rio, Hank Jr., Conway Twitty, Randy Travis, Waylon Jennings, Earl Thomas Conley, Ronnie Milsap, John Denver, Sara Evans, Chris Ledoux, Gary Allan, Jason Aldean, Chris Stapleton, Jamey Johnson, Blake Shelton, would be a few I’d want to include in my collection.

@jeremymarcinko dude narrow it down, I am easily overwhelmed lol
  • afterburnt
  • jeremymarcinko
    afterburnt wrote: »

@jeremymarcinko dude narrow it down, I am easily overwhelmed lol

That’s definitely narrowed down. Those will get you started.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited May 2019
    ^^^^ Can't go wrong with Jeremy's list. There are probably another 50-100 great to good ones to add. Do you prefer modern country or the older classic honky tonker's of the 50's (too many of them to list)? How about Goober? :)

aq7v0eksffqy.jpg

Like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL_fnyHwr68
  • afterburnt
    Did I say I got Jambalaya crawfish pie file gumbo?
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Not a country music fan (surprisingly), but I like Chris Stapleton.

Also in my collection: Garth Brooks, George Strait, Hank Jr., Clint Black, Chris Ledoux, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Alan Jackson, Merle Haggard, Kenny Chesney, and probably a few others.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    Alison Krause. Outstanding voice, and as an added bonus, her recordings are top notch.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited May 2019
    Hank Williams Sr., Hank Williams Jr., and Hank Williams III...
    https://youtu.be/pmAB2ZF7b7M

https://youtu.be/PTDWel_qcyc
    https://youtu.be/cS4LCoh0VGQ
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043

All these artists and somehow you missed the fellow that's been voted the greatest country singer of all time???
    Don't forget the Possum.
  • jeremymarcinko
    I feel ashamed of myself.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Alison Krause. Outstanding voice, and as an added bonus, her recordings are top notch.

And from Decatur Illinois just down the road a piece from I.
    I'll take the ice picks out of my ears for her. The recordings are sublime.
    Jesse said it best "voice of an angel"
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Alison and Brad Paisley’s “Whiskey Lullaby” is reference material...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Your tew Doc

I don't know what that means :|
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I can cover a lot of bases by saying "The Outlaws".

Have fun, it's best with a drink in hand.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Gram Parsons is pretty fantastic like Doc posted. Linda Ronstadt did some County/Country Rock stuff on her earlier records. I DIG that stuff.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • GospelTruth
    GospelTruth Posts: 403
    If you like Staind from a rock perspective, you should listen to Aaron Lewis who now does country.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQzw_Ax8Cw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H74RqPzKrY0
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • Dude. Eric Church. Nuff said. One of the best lyricists ever. Some of my favourites are

Mistress named music
    3 year old
    The joint
    *Hometown
    Mixed drinks
    Carolina

And my favourite.....Wrecking ball

Listen to these and you will go get all his albums I guarantee it.

Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • EC is definitely one of my favorites also. Great ones you listed there. Give holding my own a go.