Lone Star Audio Fest 2019

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Thanks bro'!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    voltz wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    If you get a chance look me up I looking forward still to meeting you!

Hey bro,
    What time will you be in on Thurs
    May come see u

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Tom, I am driving down and bringing gear with me along with my LSAF virgin buddy, Joel.

I warned him about you and your propensity to fall asleep naked in random spots around the hotel.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • treitz3
    Cool, he can take the photos this year, since Tony chickened out for the job. We will break him in real quick like..

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Don't think we have to worry about snow this weekend :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I plan to get there around 11:00 Friday morning and stay until sometime Friday night. I was hoping to be able to stay the night and spend Saturday as well, but it wasn't in the cards.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited May 2019
    Does anyone know how much it costs to have a hotel room to exhibit at at Lone Star? Just curious.

Edit: I see that it's just whatever a typical hotel room costs per night. Interesting.
  • marvda1
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much it costs to have a hotel room to exhibit at at Lone Star? Just curious.

Edit: I see that it's just whatever a typical hotel room costs per night. Interesting.

that's why some people bring their own system just to be a part of the scene.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • ZLTFUL
    Clipdat wrote: »

Yeah...and the second floor is entirely set aside for exhibitors. While there is overflow on the third floor and some exhibitors grab conference rooms on the lobby level.
    But ask Skip how those big concrete boxes work for showing off your wares. ;)

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Cool, he can take the photos this year, since Tony chickened out for the job. We will break him in real quick like..

Tom

I'm not sure "chickened out" is the right term...the man is in intense therapy after what he witnessed last year. Scarred for life!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I should be in around 2-3 pm Thursday afternoon, I talked to Ron on the phone and he well be up Thursday night for awhile as will Marvin.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • treitz3
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure "chickened out" is the right term...the man is in intense therapy after what he witnessed last year. Scarred for life!

Shoot, let's be real...he fell in love. You saw him showing off the photos, right? And he refuses to delete them.

Tom

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    treitz3 wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »

Shoot, let's be real...he fell in love. You saw him showing off the photos, right? And he refuses to delete them.

Tom

We ALL saw them Tom.... and I must say I bet you look mighty fine in a pair of skinny jeans and flip-flops.

Porsche Boxter or a Miata would just put you over the top! :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    Suddenly my skinny man jeggings and flip flops don’t seem like such a great idea...

• ZLTFUL
    Just finished lunch in Joplin. Grabbing gas and then back in the road.

• marvda1
    heading out to beat traffic, will stop for lunch.
    Puritan PSM156
  • ZLTFUL
    Made it. Grabbing food and then setting up.

• kharp1
    I'd rather be there than sitting here at work. Enjoy.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I should be there in about 12 hours. Take my son to school at 8, 2 hour drive, stop off at Total Wine & Spirits...

Looking forward to a great Friday.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • kharp1
    What set up are you showing?
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    DSkip wrote: »
    My sound is completely trumping what I had at axpona. You boys are in for a treat.

If that room is sounding better, I do not think "treat" is the proper word. You had an incredible sounding room at AXPONA.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    DSkip wrote: »
    My sound is completely trumping what I had at axpona. You boys are in for a treat.

You finally made the switch to Monoprice XLRs?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Day 1.... I'm still alive....
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Only because you’ve not spent a night there yet :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited May 2019
    Very nice! It looks like it will be a great time. I wish I could be there to meet everyone and hear all of the systems, but it is just a little too far from upstate NY (btw, are there any Audio Fests in NY?). Have a great weekend at LSAF, Polkies!
  • nooshinjohn

You call THAT a life?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

You call THAT a life?

It's the one that I must live....
  • nooshinjohn

You call THAT a life?

But what about the poor goats?

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180

You call THAT a life?

But what about the poor goats?

irl5fjfaw9ze.jpg
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre