RIP John Singleton...

Options
Great director, and from all accounts an equally great human being.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/director-john-singleton-dead-at-51
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    A great talent. He was brave and pushing the edge of the comfort zone, before it was cool to do so.

RIP.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Rip.
    BNTH was a classic for me. I lived in the hood so those movies were always a hit in my crowd.
    Great visionary
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    R.I.P. Mr. Singleton :'(
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    What a loss to all of humanity. RIP
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    A major loss, but his star "burned out hard and bright" in the words of Ryan Adams, and he actually made a difference in the world. Not too many of us can say that...

Godspeed Mr. Singleton.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Dang he was my age! RIP.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Great person and filmmaker. I have no idea how all these years I missed the fact that he has five kids. I though he only had 2.

RIP
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    touching 1990 interview/piece with John Singleton from WBUR/NPR's Here and Now.

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/05/02/john-singleton-boyz-n-the-hood

(audio's not up yet but will be soon; this segment just aired)