In-wall rears and surrounds to match RT2000p mains.

Options
I have the RT2000p"s along with matched center, surrounds and a single rear at this time. The mains and center are behind a false wall of acoustic material so are good to go.

The wife wants me to get rid of the wall warts and I will be happy to comply.

1. What in-wall speakers would be a good match - this is the most important issue.
2. Should I go with two rears or should I consider also getting a rear center in addition to the two surrounds.

The room is small 12 X 15 with high ceiling but is a professionally designed HT with fabric walls, double floors and walls and full wall treatment. I hope I am in the right forum as I have technical questions as well as the vintage Polks.

Answers

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    If personally don’t think matching surrounds are all that important (see my dog 😂), so I think the word is your oyster here. But if you want to match, any of the older polks with some version of the tri-lam dome tweeter would be best. I am sure you can find some on eBay. I really like my kilos he in ceilings FYI, nice and dynamic with good detail which is key with HT surrounds imho...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer