2 New Games!

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,019
edited January 2005 in Video Games
Halo 2 and Brute Force...

The two cost me all of 9 bucks! :p
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2005
    Good pickup for $9. I thought Brute Force was just so so. You will enjoy Halo 2 very much though.
  • VR3
    edited January 2005
    I am playing Brute Force now - since I have been playing Halo for most of my XBox 'career' - however, I am enjoying it - kinda slow...

I like the idea of multiple characters in it - but I mostly play Tex. I think Brutus or w/e is pretty ****. I am on the level where they pick up Hawk...

I like the weapons thus far to on BF -- the human weapons are great. I havn't encountered any alien weapons though. The graphics are great, and I like the blood shed! ;) hehe

pretty nifty...

I'll probally put in Halo 2 later though...

BF has a demo of Mech Assault 2... I'll definetely look into that one...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited January 2005
    Halo 2 seems cool, I played the first level right fast... same ol same ol - but still fun! :D

It seems the weapons are weaker now! or the enemy is stronger... cant decide!!

but the graphics are flat out AMAZING, but there seems to be a little 'lag' in the game play...

HMM, overall great. Two great games.

i didnt like Mech Assault or w/e... bleh
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2005
    "So how did you get them for $9?"
  • Codey
    Codey Posts: 188
    edited January 2005
    Trey, have you tried it online yet?

Outlaw 950
    GFA-555
    GFA-545
    GFA-2535
    RTi8s
    CSi5
    FXi3s
    214L Vented Tempest
    250w BASH amp
    Toshiba HDA1
    Toshiba 44" DLP
    NAD 533 Turntable
    Tripplite HT3100
    Xbox 360
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited January 2005
    I hate to be the party pooper, but I played Halo 2 over the weekend and I was pretty nonplussed (However I did like the sniper gun) The health bar recharging in around 10 seconds drove me nuts, maybe it's just me...
    How on earth did you pick those two games up for 9 bucks?
  • desantisjmd
    desantisjmd Posts: 18
    edited January 2005
    halo2 is cool but the other one is ****:eek:
  • VR3
    edited January 2005
    I like them both so far....

30 Dollar Voucher
    20 Dollar Gift Card
    9 Bucks

Bought me both - I will chaulk it up at a 9 dollar purchase since it really didnt set me back ;)

Bah, Brute Force is ight folks, but it is definetely the poor mans halo...
  • VR3
    edited January 2005
    *********** POSSIBLE GAME SPOILER***************

OH MAN....

I am pissed! :mad: ANOTHER HALO??

@ are we going to back to a $#*#@_)@ing forest? I liked EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGHHH!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited January 2005
    The games got to be a trilogy, it's how anything is, that way they can completely stomp anything that was good.
    Sid, did you sleep at all this morning?
  • VR3
    edited January 2005
    I slept from like....

7pm - 1am

And no - I didnt start playing Halo till like 5am...

I like Halo 2 - dont get me wrong. I think it freakin rocks as far as that goes....

But why does there have to be like a second Halo?

So I guess in Halo 3 - there will be yet...ANOTHER Halo? yeah...ok...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2005
    Halo is one of the most overrated games to come out in awhile. It's so repetitive that it gets boring after a half hour.
  • VR3
    edited January 2005
    How many levels are in this game dangit!?!?!

LOL -

The 'Halo' levels arnt TO bad... but I would much prefer to play on earth and blow up cars - know what I mean??? loool

And why on gods green earth are the tanks so slow??!?!?!?!
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited January 2005
    not a halo fan....and i think the multiplayer sucks ( the multiplayer that isnt online however...i never played online)
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2005
    Halo is all about the multiplayer, so if you are just doing one-player I can see how it would be a little boring. I finally got a chance to play a little Halo 2 a couple of nights ago and though it was fun. I really liked the music in it. I was playing on a friend's copy, but I just ordered it used from gamefly. Actually I kind of went wild on used games there. Got Star Wars: Battlefront, Sudeki, Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, Full Spectrum Warrior, and Red Dead Revolver too. :D
  • VR3
    edited January 2005
    Oh man! The music in Halo 2 is GREAT - period.

Alot better than before, the classical + guitar is sweet.

Airplay - Halo's multiplayer is AWESOME. Thats what made the game what it is.

Rocket Launcher Fragmatches - 16 players. OH YEAH! Halo parties rock!

Halo 2's graphics are really good too, to good for the machine itself as it kinda lags...

I also like the fact the 'movie' sequences are longer. It adds alot more to the game, IMO - and I also like the no load times, just constant play (unless you save and quit, of course) - although it does have its down falls, it dosnt allow me to schedule myself, I suppose. I always think I'm on the same level...

When I first started playing. I kept playing and playing and playing and was like, well wtf - how long is this sheat....

I saved and quit and realized I had gone through 4 levels... that was nuts...

Anyone notice on earth how the marines would just go up to dead bodies and shoot at them continuously?? LOL
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited January 2005
    gotta make sure they are dead.....

and i dotn liek halo's multiplayer, id much rather play a 007 multiplayer. halo is very cool, but the multiplayer seems slow to me. maybe because im used to computer games....computer multiplayers will trash any xbox or ps2 game out there
  • VR3
    edited January 2005
    In the level where you are trying to lower the shield for the artifact, and you are destroying all those gigantic robots, and destroying the portals for the arial robots to come through... (atleast I do for entertainment)...

On the 3rd large robot, where in gods name do you go?

It says go to the flood infested wall -- is this the wall, that has like a closed door with the dead solider infront of it or what?

I mean...umm, how do you get in? lool

NVM - I found it! arrrggghhh!