WTB: LSi9 and/or LSi15

_nerd
_nerd Posts: 54
edited April 2019 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Looking for one or both pairs of speakers mentioned in the title. I’m in Northern California. I can pay for shipping if you’re not within driving distance. Ebony color preferred as I have a pair of ebony LSi7 and a black LSiC.

Edit: it’s ok if the cabinets are a little banged up as long as the drivers & tweeters are 100% functional.
Post edited by _nerd on

Comments

• rabbitat
    rabbitat Posts: 7
    I have a set of Lsi9 in cherry. $425 + actual shipping from 19803. I've messaged another member as well. Photos available. I may even just post for sale and include photos there. Figured I'd give wtb first shot
  • _nerd
    rabbitat wrote: »
    I have a set of Lsi9 in cherry. $425 + actual shipping from 19803. I've messaged another member as well. Photos available. I may even just post for sale and include photos there. Figured I'd give wtb first shot

Hi thank you for letting me know. Please send or share photos. Thanks!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638

Please read the rules before posting a FS ad. You need 100 posts first...
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

While I agree ken, there is no one that can stop them right now. We can police ourselves, but not the newbs and fly bys!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    He has been in multiple threads hawking his speakers.
  • ken brydson
    rooftop59 wrote: »

While I agree ken, there is no one that can stop them right now. We can police ourselves, but not the newbs and fly bys!!!

He mentioned posting his own FS thread. That's why I pointed out the rule. Posting in a WTB thread has always been a grey area.
  • _nerd
    I don’t know if the rule comments are directed at me. This is a WTB post, not FS. Is it okay to have this post up? I really want to get a pair of LSi9 or LSi15 speakers.
  • pitdogg2
    _nerd wrote: »
    I don’t know if the rule comments are directed at me. This is a WTB post, not FS. Is it okay to have this post up? I really want to get a pair of LSi9 or LSi15 speakers.

No the problem is when folks just come here and sign up to sell their items. That is aimed at rabbitat who went through multiple threads trying to sell his speakers. Its kind of skirting the 100 post rules to sell on the forum.
    It you'd like to try and buy feel free, if you get scammed OH Well. That is the whole reason the 100 post rule is in place so you know who your dealing with. Years ago you needed a certain number of post to even see any of those threads. It gave people incentive to stick around become included in the forum not just swoop in and do not so good things and leave. We even had a rating system so you know if they knew how to pack and send expensive items.
    Now everybody can see they come just to grab a good deal we set up for polkies on our forum never to be seen again or then trash the seller after the sale trying to get freebies or money back. It truly is a no win situation at times.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

He mentioned posting his own FS thread. That's why I pointed out the rule. Posting in a WTB thread has always been a grey area.

My point is that there is no one who can delete any posts or ban any users. Without the ability to enforce the rules, do they actually exist???
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • ken brydson

My point is that there is no one who can delete any posts or ban any users. Without the ability to enforce the rules, do they actually exist???

Was just hoping to nip it in the bud before he posted. I understand our lack of moderation.
  • _nerd
    Where are the moderators and what happened to the rules and not being able to see posts/sections of the forum before reaching 100? Sounds like I shouldn’t buy until I hit 100 posts myself. I don’t mind waiting it out. I like it here.
  • pitdogg2
    _nerd wrote: »
    Where are the moderators and what happened to the rules and not being able to see posts/sections of the forum before reaching 100? Sounds like I shouldn’t buy until I hit 100 posts myself. I don’t mind waiting it out. I like it here.

The being able to see FS ad's changed when they went from vbulletin to vanilla software. Our moderator took a another job and was moved to another area of Polk HQ. The new vanilla software and decisions made also allowed for our FS ad's and maybe the WTB threads to be seen across the internet.
    Polk said they will have another mod but nothing as of yet.

• rabbitat
    rabbitat Posts: 7
    I'm not a scammer. A memebwr of this group contacted me when he saw me mention my speakers in another audio group I belong to. He said there were always people here looking to buy Lsi9. That is why I contacted people who were already looking to buy. Yes, I contemplated listing mine here, but before I could even read the rules, it was assumed that I'm no good. Why treat someone who's new to the group in this manner. The group member who directed me this way also told me that there would be a lot of this here. How about asking me what my intentions are, and welcoming me to the group instead of simply outcasting me straight away. I'm here for the same reasons everyone else is, my passion for audio.
  • pitdogg2
    Coming in and going through threads hawking your speakers is no way to contribute to the forum. Asking your intentions also does not make it true. Coming in announcing yourself and what you have and like goes a long way. Try being a member here first instead of just a seller trying to dump on us.This is not eBay or any other selling site. They're a huge number of ways to sell items other than here, those members looking are more than likely looking at those places as well. Not one person said YOU were a scammer. By the way there is no moderation here at present the scammers have been coming in in droves, WHY should we think that you are different in that aspect? If you cannot admit that on a forum someone shows up and the first 3 posts are in WTB threads trying to sell something and that doesn't make you a little leery well then you are not being honest. I will not even buy from auction sites from those with less that 100 positives, even then I'm cautious.

Many of us here get together for fun travel great distances to do so FOR FUN.
    Stick around we are a fun community here do we give each other grief ? YEP! Do we sort of haze the newbies sure we do. I got it and still do. you'll get it and ask others here they got it too. We are like a family here, we go to great lengths to help each other out. SCAM US we'll put you on BLAST !
  • _nerd
    Well said. Thanks. I look forward to earning my stripes around here. There’s lots of helpful info in the non-sales areas of the forums. I’m about to purchase a speaker through this website through someone else’s FS post.

This WTB post we’re all chatting on is still active: I’m still on the hunt for a pair of LSi9 or LSi15 speakers, preferably the ebony LSi9. I understand if anyone reading this comment is skeptical until I’ve cleared 100 posts. I’m happy to meet a seller’s minimum requirements.