FLAC 88/24???

CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,521
Is FLAC 88khz/24 Bit higher quality than a regular CD? And can I simply burn it to a CD and have a high resolution quality album?

Would my Universal Denon DVD-2910 play it from a CD that I burn it to?

Thanks for any help guys.

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    Regular CDs are 44.1khz/16 bit, so yes - you have higher quality. However, burning is another story, and I have no experience with trying to burn high resolution CDs...:-(
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Redbook CD is 44/16 so yes 88/24 is higher resolution. If you burn it to CD chances are the 2910 may play it in the 88/24 state or downconvert to 44/16.
    Only way to know is do it. Whatcha got to loose?
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I have bought some music in this format and liked it...as it was the only way I could get the music I was after via online downloads.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • CH46E
    edited April 2019
    Or would a 180 gram lp sound better then all of the digital formats?

Thanks for the replies.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    szypj0uep4tg.gif
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    CH46E wrote: »
    Or would a 180 gram lp sound better then all of the digital formats?

Thanks for the replies.

Boy that is one humongous.... MAYBE and MAYBE NOT.....
  • CH46E
    Oh ****, my bad. I WAS NOT TRYING TO START THAT WAR!.

Never mind, nothing to see here folks, please move along! Please move along.