Items for Sale

13»

Comments

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited January 2005
    Good enough, sounds good.. My wife is going to love this.. Its a belated x-mas gift...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2005
    She will dig it. I could never get used to writing letters on the thing since you have to do them in a certain way.

The wife just zipped through whole paragraphs while I was trying to spell my name. Women must be better at those things eh?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • gregit
    gregit Posts: 284
    edited January 2005
    I'll take Darkfall, MOH and the ATV game.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2005
    That's great, thanks. Email me your personal information, and we'll get this deal wrapped up.

dorokusai@comcast.net
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • faster100
    edited January 2005
    payment sent today,

Thanks again.. look forward to checking it out.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2005
    Faster - Email me your address so I can get this shipped tomorrow.

Greg - The package went out today.
  • faster100
    edited January 2005
    Pm's must not be going through, ive pm'd several times.. i'll try again
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited January 2005
    Received the Palm today, In great shape... works great! My wife was excited to try it, but she's home sick so didnt spend much time yet. lol...

Thanks mark for a great transaction, neat little unit to start with..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    On the block....but I'm too tired to list particulars at the moment. If you are interested, drop me a line here or at dorokusai@comcast.net

Pioneer PL-L800 Linear - Turntable (7/10) $65 incl/shipping. Linear tracking, direct drive turntable. I know how to ship TT's, so no worries about arrival condition. This is a suprisingly heavy TT.

Audio Technica cartridge, contacts and relays cleaned and touched up with CAIG Pro-Gold.

I rate it a 7/10 for a couple reasons:

Damaged hinge hasp, although it's fully functional, it has a chip.

The dustcover has some rubs, but is overall in very good condition. Everything is 100% to the best of my knowledge, and vinyl has not been run through this unit for years, until I picked it up.

Mid-Level Pioneer TT, and in its day was a high-end choice....today, it's just a decent entry level TT.

• dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    ADS L570 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker (9/10) *SOLD* I MIGHT ship these, but would prefer local pickup. If I ship, they will be boxed to handle even UPS, and I'll split costs with the buyer.

MINTY fresh example of old school, high end bookshelf from a manufacturer that used to be a staple in hardcore in both home audio and car audio. Acoustic suspension design, 1" soft dome tweeter, easy, laid back sound. I think ADS sounds alot like Mission, smooth transition, classic British sound. I would not be selling these if I did not recently pick up a larger pair of ADS. They are a must have for my collection, in one way or another.

The cabinets on these are stellar, with 45deg, double mitre corners that are unreal to manufacture these days. You would be hard pressed to find a better example of this speaker as it is MINT IMO.

You should see these in person.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2005
    Doro,

What are you doing this weekend?

Right now I'm using some LSi7's for my office rig but these will be pulled when the house is complete so I'd be interested in the ADS.

Also, I've been eyeballing some MMG's for about 12 months, would you be willing to demo?

1000 posts, yay...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    James - Let's set something up for next weekend if that's ok with you. I forgot the wife wants me to wear my Norm Abrams hat and work on the banister this Sunday....ugh.

Do you want me to hold the ADS until you get your ears on them?

I'll have the favorites pulled out so you can hear a few things.

Email me direct at dorokusai@comcast.net
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2005
    YHM
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Everquest Platinum(PC) w/ Everquest Atlas(Maps of Myrist) 9/10 - $15 - Evercrack....very addictive, but I prefer the Rainbow Six genre. The Atlas is opened but was never used, not even a page turned.

Broken Sword/ The Sleeping Dragon - 9/10 - $10 - This is another cool game from The Adventure Company. They make all kinds of these puzzle based, multi-enviroment, multi-interface games with a solid plotline.

Prices as usual are including shipping via USPS.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Bowers & Wilkins DM1400 Loudspeakers 8/10 - $225 - They are in better shape then 8/10, but to be entirely fair I rated them safely. Great speaker, but this collection is just getting larger everyday, so it's time to weed out some pieces.

These have an electronic time alignment by way of the crossover....which I can't say definitively whether it's better than the earlier DM1400, non-TA, as I have not heard them side by side. However, they sound great, and this is when B&W made really good, traditional speakers.

I also like the built in overload protection that is self resetting, much like the older Polk's.

No shipping, local pick up only.

Smooth silk dome response with solid bass. I have shot loaded the stands which really helped the bass response. The cabinets have been re-oiled, stands cleaned and loaded, binders treated with CAIG Pro-Gold. These are not bi-wireable. Grills are snag free and in excellent shape.

The factory stands are included, as is all the hardware for mounting them directly to the speakers. This assures a solid connection between both, and helps with coupling the speaker to the floor. They have a few superficial surface scratches, but other wise are also in excellent shape.

Includes: Factory stands(Loaded) and PDF Owners Manual.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2005
    So uhhh, I'm supposed to just empty the bank for next weekend right? ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Yaman, why not.....your taxes are done, time to start spending again :)

Everything but the ADS are still available folks, Pioneer Turntable....B&W DM1400's....and a couple games.

I will probably post another pair of speakers or perhaps two....but haven't had the courage to do so yet.