Our new website is live. Let me know what you think.

Hi everyone. We have been working on this new website since Dec. and it's finally live. Please do me a favor, check it out and let me know your thoughts. Hopefully it's an improvement over the old one.
https://douglasconnection.com

Doug
Sunfire Theater Grand IV
Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
SRS 2.1TL
SDA 2BTL's
CSiA6
FXiA4
FXiA6
SDA 2A's
Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited April 2019
    I'm at work so I will be brief.

I like it a lot. Specifically it really showcases is YOUR STORY. That is a big deal for a lot of people. They want the background about small shops and businesses. Your "Brand" and its identity are front and center on the landing page, and the "About Us" section is before the products (which is smart as they are more likely to click links left to right, meaning more likely to read your story before browsing your products.
    • Browsing your inventory is much easier, both via drop-down menu's or scrolling down.
    • The site is a lot cleaner and bright.
    • Sections are well laid out
    • Color scheme is on point

My only suggestion is to work on the Heading and Subsection area's to make them have a little less dead space, and also be a bit smaller.

You want them to be able to see the products when they hit the page (which currently I have to scroll down to see and I missed that initially as the Heading "AC Power Equipment & Cables" was so big, and so was the "Sub Categories" that I couldn't see the "Results section" when I hit the page initially).

Other than removing some of that empty space on the pages I am super impressed.

In general Doug I give it a 95 out of 100 (because there is no such thing as perfect :smile: )
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Thanks Dan. I appreciate your feedback. I'll send your suggestions to the web developer and see if they can get closer to that 100% :) I kind of felt the same as you about the size etc.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I like it. Adding your story to the website adds a really nice personal touch. Best wishes to you and your family.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Dig it Doug! Much improved over the previous site. Well done! Dang, I gotta go shopping! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Doug I tried to place an order and check out with the PayPal option and I got an error message to contact the site owner. FYI
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited April 2019
    I like it too... though I think you may be able to raise your prices somewhat on your handmade cables. 72 bucks for a set like those is way too cheap. Sometimes, for people to perceive value, there needs to be a tangible investment. I would price those at 125, and go from there. I would also increase the per-foot costs by ten percent.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Looks great, like it more than your previous site.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • GospelTruth
    GospelTruth Posts: 403
    Looks really good. I never saw the previous one, but this looks like a lot of other sites out there today that change as you scroll.

I have a couple of suggestions.
    • First, your font size on everything on the pages is bigger than that on your header menu. I would either reduce the size in the page or maybe make the font on the selection bar a little bigger.
    • Second, my opinion is your logo for "Douglas Connection" is a little smaller compared to other items as well. You may want to make it a little bigger.
    • Finally, make sure that you check out what happens on mobile or when you make the browser smaller on a computer. I know the site is trying to take into account responsive design with the HTML. However, when I shrink the page, I lose the selection bar and your logo at the top. I would think you would want to retain these and if you are doing responsive design, put the selection bar in a menu once the page gets too small.
    The first two are my opinions, the last is something I would fix for those that are on a mobile platform.

Great work though! Looks very professional.

Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • helipilotdoug
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Doug I tried to place an order and check out with the PayPal option and I got an error message to contact the site owner. FYI
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to figure out what's going on.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• helipilotdoug
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Fixed. They had the wrong PayPal email address, but it's correct now. So y'all buy some stuff :D
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Looks great, Doug. Easy to find what you are looking for, unlike some websites. Not mentioning any names.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    I like it. The menus are easy to understand/navigate, and the layout is pleasing to the eye.

And how timely, I am ready to pull the trigger on some RCA ICs. Would the Bravo analogs fit well with a Denon->B&K Amp->Rti combo? I'd like to bring the brightness down a bit if possible.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Doug! I like it, but something to be aware of... I'm on my laptop right now (1366x768 resolution) and when the list come down from "Products By Manufacturer", the list goes down past the bottom of my screen, but there is no scrollbar on that menu to see the bottom of the list.

vmb2w3osr6u5.png
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @Hermitism stop downloading so much and you wouldn’t get all those viruses and malware **** with your browsers :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    At least I took the time to crop out any "questionable" open tabs from the screen shot!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I like it, Doug, very nice.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    OUTSTANDING!
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I like it too. B)

Maybe one day soon I'll buy some great interconnects.

I like using PayPal! :p Fast and easy!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2019
    Doug and his cables are world-class and his integrity is un-matched. He is one of the kindest people you could ever hope to know and a true friend. For most of us, his work is all you could ever need in a cable. I used DC cables in my rig for years, and it was not until I got the Pass X0.2 that I felt I needed to even think of anything else.

His cables will last a lifetime and then some, his skills are exemplary and his knowledge will help anyone improve their system in ways you need to hear to believe. Buy from him with confidence and before you try "cheap cables.com"(Monoprice etc) give Doug a call. No disappointments... Guaranteed!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Yep. Dealt with Doug a few times and have been very happy. I'll keep coming back! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Website looks good -- tempted to buy some speaker cable now...
  • jflail2
    A bit of feedback on mobile, I don’t have any way to close the free shipping banner at the top of the page. Looks like it’s blocking a drop down menu on the shopping page, and it’s a bit annoying. This is in Safari on an iphone if that helps.

• jflail2
    Just ordered 3 pairs of the RCAs. Looking forward to finally getting the amp up and running! Thanks to those who recommended.

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I've only made small purchases from DC as the SolidSteel just wasn't going to be deep enough, but, he is super nice and helpful. One of my thoughts is someday, SOMEDAY, I'm going to have some free time and will purchase materials from him to build my own stuff.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I to had some "issues" on mobile. A good tool to use is if you have Google Chrome on your computer you can force it to view from a variety of devices. Androids, iPhone, tablets etc. Maybe useful in you relaying possible changes to your dev. Overall though the site looks great, got me tempted to buy some speaker wire too. The Bravos with the shielding look so damn nice Doug.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    This is on an Updated Samsung S8. As you can see your banner at the top covers your brand logo and menu.

kbynmps78dzv.jpg
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • helipilotdoug
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. It is indeed VERY helpful! I have the web developer checking this thread for your responses. He said it's fantastic that we can get such great input from actual customers so we can make the website even better. There were a couple of hiccups the first day, but they made corrections quickly. I'm going to give Website Butlers a great big plug here. They have been outstanding at what they do as well as great customer service. Won't go into the entire story here, but trust me, they went WAY above and beyond the call of duty. If you need any help with websites contact them, and tell them Doug sent you. From everything I've seen so far they are highly recommended. They are a small company too and I've found most small companies do give much better customer service. Thank you Nick and Justin for all your hard work!
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Very nice Doug. Easy to navigate to find items. Sweet cables. Nice racks. Great prices
    Randy/Maine
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2019
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Very nice Doug. Easy to navigate to find items. Sweet cables. Nice racks. Great prices

Did I miss a tasteful babe tread over there? :p;)

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Looks great!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus