F12-300 Direct Servo subwoofer is this a good deal?

Options
afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    It's not a bad deal, that's for sure.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Seems like a solid sub! On the subject of servo subs, do aftermarket plate amps for kit like this exist? Edit: I guess I found my answer in the OP website lol.
    Post edited by HzTweaker on
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • anton.chigurh
    Options
    No high level inputs though...fwiw
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options

That bothers me, but, not as much as pre amps that don't have a sub or second set of outputs for sub use.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @anton.chigurh good point but where I sortta plan on placing them I am gonna need a really long run so the RCA is the ticket. Maybe I should save more for the ones that I really want?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Save don’t skimp on your dream

Have taken a couple years putting together components without plugging in a single device till it’s complete

Just my HO

Good luck Bruce
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options

That would be a deal breaker for me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options

That would be a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, I didn't notice that issue. Definitely a no go.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    edited April 2019
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Save don’t skimp on your dream

Have taken a couple years putting together components without plugging in a single device till it’s complete

Just my HO

Good luck Bruce

@txcoastal1 Ron, I had a minor tax windfall that's burning a hole in my pocket lol. My tax guy told me that I owed almost $1800, so I paid it. Then he tells me the IRS owes me $18. Well the payment was in my budget so if and when I get it back I want to get a pair of "dream" subs for my 2 channel. My tax guy is a good dude so he will pay it if I don't get my "voluntary contribution" back. It's my money but sortta free money?

I am looking at the ones that you told me to get ages ago, they are about 1K each, I think.

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Wouldn’t call the F12-300 a dream sub. It’s a good sub with limited capabilities.

Although the sweet spot in Rythmik’s line is the F-12, the slightly more expensive offerings are where you should look. It mainly comes down to the amps they mate with them.
  • afterburnt
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @rpf65 That's what I am looking at, I think. Ron suggested the Signature Edition.

It's really cool blowing $$$ lol. The "only" thing I will need after this for my 2 channel is an IC upgrade. Famous last words! I think my Dancers deserve at least that. I need to go to Clapton's rehab in Antigua!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Look at a REL 212SE...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    I believe the F-12 uses the same amp as the SE edition. That could save you a few dollars, and may work for your situation. Won’t hurt to give them a call and find out which would be best for your given situation.

Been in a few homes where I went to fix AC’s, and can’t remember with Rythmik subs that didn’t have the regular F-12. These people are not afraid in the least to spend money on their 2-channel rigs.

Just an observation.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Look at a REL 212SE...

@nooshinjohn $4200?
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Find one gently used and you are right where you want to be. There is also a REL G2 out there for 1900...

• afterburnt
    Options
    @nooshinjohn I want duals, less trouble getting them right besides if I outclass the Ushers where does that leave me lol?
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    I just picked up a pair of the REL Carbons. They have really added depth to my 2 channel system.

Worth considering...
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Far out, I just ordered them 1786.00! Damn close to break even. I hope I get my money back from the IRS. I am done now, nice knowing yooz lol
  • afterburnt
    edited April 2019
    Options
    NVM, why did I think you said Velodyne???
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    What subs did you order?

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Burnt,
    yooz ah gonna be happy!

I have the F12 and I'm getting another . . . Enjoy your Rythmik DirectServo!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    @afterburnt

I’m sure you can’t wait for delivery.

I’ll be interested in your findings. I considered the F-12.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options

If you look at the link Bruce provided it appears if I'm reading it correctly that is an add on and a possibility for the plate amp.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @pitdogg2 this one does have the hi level inputs
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Congrats on your new Rythmik Subs! I have a pair of their F8's (dual 8" drivers in each cabinet) in my room. You're going to like what you hear, enjoy!
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Maybe I should save more for the ones that I really want?
    Unless the ones you really want are way outside of a realistic budget, I think patients is a huge virtue here. I find that even when I buy something "equal" to what I really wanted because it was on sale or something, I still can't get what I really wanted off my mind.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    As an owner of two F-25's, you are going to love this sub. They are amazingly musical. Enjoy.

When it comes to Direct Servo subs, all of the following need to match; Cabinet/Plate Amp/Driver. This is not like a typical sub. All parts need to match one another. It's not like one can simply change the driver or amplifier if they want to, without ruining the sub. All 3 components need to match. FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I am gonna have to get rid of some furniture to fit these. My buddy John gave me a lead on some fantastically priced Monitor Audio subs, I am going to have to keep the Rhythmics because I can barely move them to unbox them let alone return them. I should buy the Monitors anyway. After all, you only die once.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    I'll take the Rythmik's! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.