RTi 8 Tweeter

Options
Need a CHEAP tweeter for my shop RTi 8's. The speakers in general are in rough shape...and they are in my shop, so I don't want to spend much. Anybody got one of these laying around?

Thanks!
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    Thanks. I saw that, but thought I'd check here to see if someone had an extra or something they wanted to let go on the cheap. $50 obviously isn't much, but it's tough to pay $50 for a tweeter when I only paid $100 for the speakers several years ago because they are in pretty rough shape. If no one has anything I'll either hit up the ebay link or I'll just part them out and use my R50's in the shop.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Are you certain it's the tweeter that's dead and not a resistor in the cross-over that they are famous for having?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    I swapped the tweeters and the problem followed the bad tweeter.

Thanks to me, the tweeter is definitely bad now. I broke off the connecter when I was taking it out of the speaker, but luckily not until after I had tested them and luckily, I didn't break the good tweeter.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Need a CHEAP tweeter for my shop RTi 8's. The speakers in general are in rough shape...and they are in my shop, so I don't want to spend much. Anybody got one of these laying around?

Thanks!

If you are able to remove the actual driver from the faceplate or make a make-shift faceplate, there is a tweeter sold at Dayton audio, that is "Quite" similar, .....if you want more details just ask.

The issue is, the rti tweeter is only a $15 at best tweeter but on ebay or buying it with the face plate far higher priced.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Thanks to K_M for the heads up on the Dayton tweeter. For 13 bucks it works like a charm in the ol' beat up speakers.