Tiger Woods

Tiger finish the season on a high, but the PGA got the bigger boost just from him being close on Sunday. Biggest viewer ship on Saturday and they sold out tickets overnight for Sundays rounds.
Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    He's still a superstar and crowd pleaser for sure!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Love him or hate him, golf is better when he is good.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I’m on the road and didn’t get to catch it, but saw a recap that included full coverage of the 18th hole and that scene was crazy...we’re talking Ryder Cup levels of intensity from the crowd.

I love a good comeback story, and this is one of the better ones in recent history. He’s certainly an easy guy to root against given the mistakes he made in his personal life, but yeah golf is better when he’s good.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

IMHO there are too many great players on tour now for this to be the case.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    decal wrote: »

+1, but you have to admit many of these great (young) players are playing because of the examples he set on the course. Golf has grown by leaps and bounds since he's been around.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • I watched both 3rd and final rounds and these young guns got their first full effect of the "Tiger Effect". Woods didn't have a great final round, but due to the crowd size, the noise and the media attention the younger players fell off their game.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • PSOVLSK

I agree, but it's simply not the case. The crowds and rating for this weekend prove that we are wrong.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK wrote: »

I agree, but it's simply not the case. The crowds and rating for this weekend prove that we are wrong.

Sometimes people like to see a good trainwreck too. At least they ain't kneeling for the anthem prior to the beginning of play
  • PSOVLSK
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Sometimes people like to see a good trainwreck too. At least they ain't kneeling for the anthem prior to the beginning of play

A guy winning the tournament is hardly a train wreck, Plus, I don't think they'd be cheering for him like crazy if that were the case. Additionally, It's ALWAYS been this way when Tiger plays well.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    He's a hack.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    F1nut wrote: »
    He's a hack.

Tiger is related to Nelson Pass???

ROFL
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    He's a hack.

LMAO....just a tip pal, if Brock sends you an envelope.....don't open it and call the bomb squad.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BMF35
    BMF35 Posts: 86
    He's a hack.

And Bob Carver???
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited April 2019
    Another TIger Woods Affect win, he didn't over power the field, but the people playing with him in the final paring fell off their game big time. 5th Masters
    Post edited by recoveryone on
  • Tiger is truly a monster on the course.....off the course, well, he’s certainly lived a colourful life. I thought he was quite magnanimous in his celebration
    Audio Room
    PS Audio Perfectwave DAC MK2, Bridge 1 streaming perfectly now B)
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    Dual Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subs
    PS Audio receptacle
    3 PS Audio Noise Harvesters
    PS Audio power, interconnects and speaker cables
    Homemade sound absorption
    Lots of blocks for weight and a red single listening chair
  • Tony M
    edited April 2019
    Watched a ton of the Masters this time.

It was amazing to watch the others in the lead or tied with it mess up and not recover to well. Tiger messed up to but recovered ok.

It was shocking to see the leader loose his 2 stroke lead starting at the 12th hole in todays round. Then that double bogie... :s, that was tough to watch.

How about that hole in one for that one guy!! I saw it live...ON TV that is. :D

Tiger ALMOST did it too at that hole. He hit a beautiful shot at that hole!

It was a fun PGA Masters to watch this year for sure.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed it also...a vintage year
    Audio Room
    PS Audio Perfectwave DAC MK2, Bridge 1 streaming perfectly now B)
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    Dual Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subs
    PS Audio receptacle
    3 PS Audio Noise Harvesters
    PS Audio power, interconnects and speaker cables
    Homemade sound absorption
    Lots of blocks for weight and a red single listening chair
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    The only "Tiger affect" I saw today was his fans cheering him on. I saw a tough golf course and some bad weather take a toll.

I believe Tiger will continue to be a factor on the tour though not to the point he was 15 years ago. I think that's only natural considering his age. I also feel the bulk of his issues were between his ears. Once he was humbled and had to accept that time was catching up with him physically he was able to make the adjustments that would allow his injuries to heal. I saw a completely different Tiger today. One that didn't overextend and stayed within himself.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited April 2019
    With the PGA at Bethpage and the US Open at Pebble Beach, both courses that he has won majors on before, the next two months should be interesting. I hope his health holds long enough for a full season comeback for him to revive the game once again. A second major win this year would really be a miracle at his age.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Looks like Tiger has his life back on track ... I wish him well.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Very happy for Tiger. What a great weekend of golf.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Great weekend of golf and better to see Tiger back in his stride...makes it look all too easy at times
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Read somewhere, last week, there was $89000 at 15 to 1 that he would win.
  • PSOVLSK

I don't have any more to add today than I did in September of last year.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited April 2019
    My 74yo mother was crying today after he won and she doesn't watch golf. Today she did watch the end don't ask me why.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2019
    monepolk wrote: »
    Read somewhere, last week, there was $89000 at 15 to 1 that he would win.

I actually told my wife that the people in the stands acted like they had money on Tiger. I really did! My wife acted like SHE had money on Tiger too! I was just glad to see some great golfing on a beautiful hard course in some beautiful weather right up to the end. :)

90K X 15 = :o:D

Even the commentators kept saying since last night that Tiger looked pretty darn good. They kept commenting on his calmness and concentration between swings.

Tiger got out of some sideline predicaments with good corrective shots. Quite impressive.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Obviously the big story today was Tiger, but can we talk about the amazing golf overall? At one point on the back 9 there were still SIX guys that had a realistic shot at winning. And Patrick Cantlay shooting 12 under over the weekend! That was insane. This was one of the best final rounds I can remember in a long time.

Glad to see Tiger back on top, but it was also awesome seeing him claw his way to the top with a VERY stacked leader board.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Obviously the big story today was Tiger, but can we talk about the amazing golf overall? At one point on the back 9 there were still SIX guys that had a realistic shot at winning. And Patrick Cantlay shooting 12 under over the weekend! That was insane. This was one of the best final rounds I can remember in a long time.

Glad to see Tiger back on top, but it was also awesome seeing him claw his way to the top with a VERY stacked leader board.

This is the reason why his win was even more impressive. After all who wanted to see him beat a bunch of cupcakes. Nobody. We expect one of the best ever to go out and earn it.

Although for a few of the guys in the hunt it must've been unnerving to realize that nobody was cheering for them. It was definitely a pro Tiger feeling throughout.

Probably very similar feelings were felt 1958-1964 when playing against Arnold Palmer with "Arnies Army" following along.

Tiger Woods is a great golfer, one of the greatest, even with some past personal difficulties. If his health holds, I'm sure he'll win many more.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I'm not willing to say he's going to win many more, but, I fo believe he will make his presence known.

His game will forever be different, not what it was when he was dominating years ago. He'll have to play a different game, but, can still be a weekly contender that will win some tournaments.

There are some good young golfers out there today and the entire game had been elevated. I think that is directly attributed to Tiger. I like the game better when Tiger is effective.

So many people like to make comparisons among different era's of sports, and that can make for some good, heated discussions, but, the Tiger I watched 25 years ago was the best golfer I'd ever seen. They modified courses because of him.

Whatever you may think of him personally, his skills on the course were second to none in that stretch.