Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    The Salks SS 9.5's were the best speakers I heard today I was so into them I forgot to take a picture will check them out again in the morning.

I liked them too. Maybe sell my SS8's and.... Didn't take a pic of the room.

h3r9t8yxpodh.jpg

Those are the ones the cabinets are gorgeous and sound is laid back but yet phenomenal sounding to me a pleasant set of speakers to listen to.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    halo wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    i00r6yxxg4tx.jpg

After all the reviews, disappointing

All I can make out in the photo is Cardas cables. Were they disappointing? The speakers (if so, what brand/model)? The electronics?

Thanks!

@halo
    I had high hopes for Joseph Audio, based on all the high praise on Audiogon, but they fell flat for me.
  • joecoulson
    Clipdat wrote: »
    cql5l66v494f.jpg

I my opinion, the most fun room and energy of the guys in the whole show. That was fun today.
  • joecoulson
    I don't need to go to these shows any more. My rig does 95% of what the 100k systems do for 10% or less of the cost of admission those rigs are worth... of course if I paid full retail for my setup, I would be over that budget already. Thank God for every one of those high rollers for breaking it all in for me. :p

Yeah but yours sounds like **** compared to the $1mil rooms
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    bq2j02ouuf1f.jpg
    Couldn't ask for a better group great times great people got another day to enjoy tommorow.

Could someone identify the fellas? Thanks
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited April 2019
    I'm sorry due to @tonyb being in witness protection (closest on the right in the blue Adidas jacket) we cannot......

Starting on the left closest.
    @erniejade, Mario not on PF, @pitdogg2 without a perm, then the guy we can't mention @tonyb, @DSkip and top right furthest is @marvda1. My first time meeting Marvin great guy had me cracking up all day. And last but not least looks like she barely made the picture lower right across from @erniejade is his wife. The one taking the picture in the Megadeath T-shirt is @gudnoyez.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm sorry due to @tonyb being in witness protection (closest on the right in the blue Adidas jacket) we cannot......

@erniejade, Mario not on PF, @pitdogg2 without a perm, then the guy we can't mention @tonyb, @DSkip and top right furthest is @marvda1. My first time meeting Marvin great guy had me cracking up all day. And last but not least looks like she barely made the picture lower right across from @erniejade is his wife. The one taking the picture in the Megadeath T-shirt is @gudnoyez.

Where’s Drew?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2019
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Where’s Drew?

Still posting pictures....

In all seriousness Drew @Clipdat was not able to go out to eat with us.
  • gudnoyez
    mbiy7yb72drc.jpg
    Oops this is a better one including erniejades lovely wife.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    edited April 2019
    Didnt get to meet Drew or Joe Coulson but maybe today I will. I'm eating a healthy breakfast of Giordanos and washing it down with a Mountain Dew, need my energy for round 2. Gotta hit Skips room. Vincent Audio, the Nad room to check out the C658, I got to hit the Technics, room, lumin room lots to do so little time and it was snowing earlier.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    c5g1inhdruqb.jpg

Im gonna take off to the show in about 15 minutes but wanted to post whats happening in my small yard.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    @verb i have had SDA1.2, 2.3 legacy focus so i completely understand on the weight of the srs. Welcome to the 150bl and up club!. I think we have a award for that.

Between Skips room, Legacy and Salk room. I really want to change my speakers.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    @gudnoyez skip has a lumin in his room and is a lumin dealer.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I only had a few hours there on Saturday, but for the rooms I hit, must say I heard more bad than good. Super crowded on Saturday too, more so than last year.

For listening experiences, think I prefer Lonestar better. It's more relaxed, and most will let you play your music you bring with. Not as big as AXPONA so many of those big names won't be there, but your listening experience will be much better.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560

Where’s Drew?

There's a pic of myself, Joe, and Dave standing together if you really want to see my ugly mug.
  • Clipdat
    Didnt get to meet Drew or Joe Coulson but maybe today I will. I'm eating a healthy breakfast of Giordanos and washing it down with a Mountain Dew, need my energy for round 2. Gotta hit Skips room. Vincent Audio, the Nad room to check out the C658, I got to hit the Technics, room, lumin room lots to do so little time and it was snowing earlier.

PM me, we'll hit some rooms together.
  • Clipdat
    edited April 2019
    hc75br1dznen.jpg
    Snowing in April!
  • pitdogg2
    mbiy7yb72drc.jpg
    Oops this is a better one including erniejades lovely wife.

Much better I'm not in it :#
  • pitdogg2
    erniejade wrote: »
    c5g1inhdruqb.jpg

Im gonna take off to the show in about 15 minutes but wanted to post whats happening in my small yard.

It's got dandruff.... you should wash it more...
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    Springtime in Chicago. If you don't like the weather just wait a few mins, it will change.

slhx775uwz2n.jpg
  • Clipdat
    4ozc6rj0lgov.jpg
    Really coming down now. Chubby snow.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    FINALLY . . . a little Salk love from someone other than Rich, Thorton and I :*
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2019
    x6dl9fzrgvt6.jpg
    When people say gear is everything you had better believe it. These speakers @erniejade and I heard in two different rooms. The first room was incredible they did everything right i couldn't believe what i was hearing. The tactical sensations, the realism, the fingers on the instruments, the impact of the music pure bliss.
    The second room oh my god it was one of the worst rooms of the day. Everything about the sound coming from those speakers was 180°. It was just painful to listen to. I actually got up and went to look at the speaker including looking at the back to make triple sure it was the same, it was @erniejade and I walked out and was just flabbergasted at what we just heard.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • Clipdat
    Sonner room is sounding nice. Great center locked image.