Listening with the Dreadnaught

Options
My first extended listening session with the new Dreadnaught isolation transformer in place and I am very impressed with the way the soundstage has dramatically improved across the board, as many have already pointed out. Everything from vocals to instruments sounds much cleaner, and has greater impact, speed and detail than before. It has taken what was already an excellent sounding speaker to another level entirely.

I am also impressed by what it has taken away... sibilance has been greatly reduced without taking away any of the shimmer up top. The only thing I can think of is that the new setup is far better at allowing the dimensional array to do it's job. There is more growl down low with a bass guitar and punch and speed up top with a drum kit... I am not very good at describing things so I will just go with one word…..

WOW!!!
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Answers

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Don't know how this got an ask a question topic.... if we had a mod this would get fixed.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Great review and your impressions pretty much mirror mine when I first hooked it up. One thing I noticed is it seemed louder at the same volume setting. DK explained this as the difference of speaking in a room full of people vs. speaking in empty room. The dreadnaught removed ground noise that I had no idea was there until it was removed.