FS: Asus Ultrabook

Options
ZLTFUL
ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
edited April 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale is an Asus S56CA Ultrabook.
I bought this new from Amazon several years ago and it has been my constant laptop companion through thick and thin.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/S56CA/
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/S56CA/specifications/

This model has the i3 processor. It is *not* the touchscreen model.
I upgraded the memory to 8GB (2x4GB DIMMS) and even though the specs say 8GB is the max, my wife has the i5/touchscreen version and we recently upgraded hers to 16GB of RAM successfully.

I also replaced the stock mechanical hard drive and the tiny mini PCIe with a 256GB and 128GB SSDs.

This was one of the few Ultrabooks that offered not only a 15.6" screen and full keyboard with number pad, but also has a DVD-RW optical drive. It can be upgraded to a BD-ROM drive if you get a 7.5mm drive (originally my plan but I recently upgraded to a newer and more powerful Asus).

Windows 10 Pro comes pre-installed. Already activated, you will receive the laptop with the default user account set up as Admin and can take it from there.

Battery life is stellar due to the combination of the lower powered i3 processor (dual core with HT for 4 logical processor cores) and dual SSDs. I have had the battery last as little as 4 hours while heavily using wifi in an airport to as much as 8 hours with light use and over a week in standby.

There are a couple of issues.
1. The wired ethernet port has lost the spring that keeps it snapped firmly onto the cable. Since I always used wifi, I never worried about repairing it. It still works if you have the laptop sitting on a desk and plug the cable in. It just comes unplugged easily.
2. There are some dings and nicks on the top. Nothing serious but they are noticeable. It is after all a used item.

I have played World of Warcraft at low-ish settings with no lag, Diablo III runs well on it as well as FPS games and the like. Obviously, it is not a gaming powerhouse but you can run some less demanding games OK with the Intel HD4000 graphics.

Laptop will come with the stock power supply and cable. Nothing more, nothing less.

Asking price is $250 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Payment preference is Paypal Friends and Family. I will ship in a Fedex Laptop box via Fedex Ground.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be adding pictures shortly.

Thanks.

Pictures
k4aw3ero5mwl.jpeg
7acxa14zc6lk.jpeg
frl96r6w9x3d.jpeg
6n9gmqwrpyt2.jpeg
d98gzm00344b.jpeg
e8t8632ec4tg.jpeg
wh2d3b49s8in.jpeg
7u0jypa6s7bn.jpeg
"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    I like Asus stuff.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I like Asus stuff.

Me too. Home wifi networking is all Asus. Wife and I both have Asus laptops.
    I was tempted to keep this as a garage laptop but I really don't need a computer to look up stuff in the garage with my phone always on me. Hehe.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Feel free to make me an offer. Worst I can do is say no.

This is much more powerful than a Chromebook or a cheap AMD based laptop and has plenty of life left to give.
    I think I heard the fan turn on once it in its life so far and that was after hours of playing Diablo III.

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    Price drop: $225 shipped (lower 48)

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    Sold locally.