Bedroom talk - Where the magic happens -

2»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I looked into the Scarlett....wow. I can purchase a commercial Zero Turn mower for some of the pricing on some of them!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I looked into the Scarlett....wow. I can purchase a commercial Zero Turn mower for some of the pricing on some of them!

Tom

They are not cheap.

The Platinum is considered a plush
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited April 2019
    I need to be given the "Didn't read the whole post" badge but what was the comfort level of your mattress? Soft, medium, firm?

I can't remember what the last one was (I think it was firm) but the one we currently have is firm.

Tom

Now this is just my experience but I was always under the impression that if you had back problems (or aches in general) that firm was the best choice. I learned that I was wrong, really wrong. I don't have much in the way of pains but my wife has a compressed disk in her lower back that causes her to not be able to walk if it is THAT bad.

We ended up with a Sleepy Plush 14 inch Medium bed. It is inner spring, then gel then foam so it supports you yet still is soft. Since we have moved to that bed she has had 0 problems waking up and I think we have had it for a little over 2 months now. We did buy through Mattress firm, got a king size on sale ($1299) and they offer a 120 day trial. They will take it back minus restocking fee if you have any problems with it.

Overall my sleeping experience is fantastic although I never felt it needed improvement until I improved it.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited April 2019
    audioluvr wrote: »

Tom

They are not cheap.

The Platinum is considered a plush

Cheap?? Compared to the amt. of time we spend in bed, yes they are cheap. Not as cheap as the beds in boxes or water/air beds but it's all relevant.
    Everyone has their idea of what is comfortable, (I thought I commented to this very topic by asking) ever hear someine say that they can sleep on the floor and be comfortable???? Well I'm here to tell ya I've never said that and never will. Might have to sleep on a floor at some point, but not by choice, trust me. After total left hip replacement and a body that has more than its share of arthritus doing its thing in my body, so I needed a soft as possible sleep surface that also provided proper spinal alingment and Simmons did just that with their Beautyrest Scarlett mattress and it has been a serious game changer for me, plus my wife loves it too. The thing is built like a tank and is a slice of heaven every time I lie down on it and although still plauged with personal issues that do their best to rob me of my sleep, I am getting much more of that commodity on this Mattress than any other I have owned in my life. As a former sales trainer for a very large Mattress retailer I have really had em all and nothing in my years of slinging em has one so comfortable been available to the public. I feel blessed that one of my old partners in the business phoned me when he did as I was sure struggling with trial and error on more beds than most local stores showcase and was at wits end with the trying this and buying that. Simmons knocked it outta the park on this one and would pay twice as much for it now that I know how it treats me!!
    Again, to each their own & never slept on a zero turn mower though??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • audioluvr
    My GF just informed me that we bought the Beauti-Rest Black Ultra Plush "Natasha". All i know is it's comfy
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BMF35
    BMF35 Posts: 86
    Forget all this matress talk. Think waveless water bed instead. Just don't overfill it and make it hard as the floor. They're more fun too when the wife let's you get friendly with her.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    BMF35 wrote: »
    Forget all this matress talk. Think waveless water bed instead. Just don't overfill it and make it hard as the floor. They're more fun too when the wife let's you get friendly with her.

And who's side of the bed does the lava lamp go on...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Lol. Just ordered one of these ^ for my daughter. Guess they don’t sell them in stores anymore.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited April 2019
    I had one as a bachelor for well over 2 decades. It was good while I was young but not now. My wife suggested that I get rid of it because she didn't like it, plus, extracurricular "activities" were somewhat hampered with a waterbed. A regular mattress performs much better for that.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I had one as a bachelor for well over 2 decades. It was good while I was young but not now. My wife suggested that I get rid of it because she didn't like it, plus, extracurricular "activities" were somewhat hampered with a waterbed. A regular mattress performs much better for that.

Tom

You play Jenga in bed?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • audioluvr
    Twister...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited April 2019
    I don’t know Tom, but know I have an image in my head of a bald man playing twister in a water bed with his wife...thanks for that...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I don’t know Tom, but know I have an image in my head of a bald man playing twister in a water bed with his wife...thanks for that...

Yeah man, Tom has a way with leaving troubling visions in your head. :D:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    BMF35 wrote: »

And who's side of the bed does the lava lamp go on...

Don't forget the disco ball hanging from the ceiling centered over the bed.

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.