Polk Audio LSiM 705 - MINT

cortico
cortico Posts: 587
edited April 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
A friend is selling a mint pair of Polk Audio LSiM 705s. These list for $1499 each and he's asking $1500 for the pair. A great deal I would say!!

Includes original boxes, front grills, and paperwork.
Speakers are located in the Wisconsin area, a local deal would be preferred.

Thank you
c9blup98erka.jpg
6m1sxg9y1t3l.jpg
r7jbj6ylvlx0.jpg
8ll4z4jh2mr1.jpg

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited April 2019
    You describe them as "mint", yet clearly one of the silver Polk Audio logos has fallen off the front of one of the speakers.

@imsjry these appear to be yours, or at least your photos. Why is @cortico listing them for sale "for a friend"? Surely ya'll aren't trying to circumvent the "need 100 posts to sell" rule, right?

From the FS section rules at the top of the page:

"Selling gear "for a friend" doesn't count in this Flea Market. You, or your "friend" need to take direct responsibility for the transaction. You should encourage them to join and participate prior to FM sales. There have been a couple bad transactions where the seller has washed his hands of it, since it wasn't "his" originally. Sorry Charlie, if the gear is that good, buy it and sell it under your name and assume responsibility."
  • cortico
    cortico Posts: 587
    Thank you for letting me know the forum rules, after all what applies here is that seller should be responsible for is listing, all other “alleged”details become irrelevant.

Let me know if you are interested, these are great speakers. Thanks!
  • imsjry
    imsjry Posts: 120
    edited April 2019
    Clipdat wrote: »
    You describe them as "mint", yet clearly one of the silver Polk Audio logos has fallen off the front of one of the speakers.

@imsjry these appear to be yours, or at least your photos. Why is @cortico listing them for sale "for a friend"? Surely ya'll aren't trying to circumvent the "need 100 posts to sell" rule, right?

From the FS section rules at the top of the page:

"Selling gear "for a friend" doesn't count in this Flea Market. You, or your "friend" need to take direct responsibility for the transaction. You should encourage them to join and participate prior to FM sales. There have been a couple bad transactions where the seller has washed his hands of it, since it wasn't "his" originally. Sorry Charlie, if the gear is that good, buy it and sell it under your name and assume responsibility."

Yes these are mine so...”guilty” as charged I guess. I had a wonderful transaction with Cortico and since I only have 82 posts, was trying to get these up for interested forum members without breaking the rules. My apologies. There is nothing nafarious going on here other then wanting to sell some mint speakers to fellow Polkers, which the rules prohibit me from doing as of now. If you want this to come down, I’ll ask Cortico to do so.

By the way; I have the logo and replaced it. It literally must have fallen off when I was trying to move them in place for the pictures.

All that said, I would lower these to $1000 for interested local pick up. They are hardly used and not a mark on them.
    Post edited by imsjry on
  • Bgoodfella
    Bgoodfella Posts: 107
    its too bad youre not in PHX AZ area, those are beauties. I have been holding on to some cash for a while waiting for another adorama deal to pop up without luck for over a year now haha.
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Monster 850i interconnects ( not sure what everyone hates about these - maybe my untrained ears are too innocent to know what's bad)
    Parasound HCA2205A amplifier
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited April 2019
    wrong thread...my bad
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59
    @cortico you may want to make your friend aware of the current price on Adorama fwiw...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • imsjry
    edited April 2019
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    @cortico you may want to make your friend aware of the current price on Adorama fwiw...

I just looked and saw $1399 for a pair which is a great price. Did you see them cheaper?
  • rooftop59
    imsjry wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »

I just looked and saw $1399 for a pair which is a great price. Did you see them cheaper?

They are $599 each with free shipping CONUS. Have to use the link through slickdeals.net
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • imsjry
    Good to know, thanks.

I would lower my asking price to local members for $900. Other then being out of the boxes with about 50 such hours of playtime, they are like new. Includes original boxes and paperwork.

Also includes a spare OEM Tweeter that i did not need to use.
  • rooftop59
    imsjry wrote: »
    Good to know, thanks.

I would lower my asking price to local members for $900. Other then being out of the boxes with about 50 such hours of playtime, they are like new. Includes original boxes and paperwork.

Also includes a spare OEM Tweeter that i did not need to use.

Now that is a KILLER price!!! I have no where to put them but if I was local I would be tempted to buy them and just store them until we buy a new house...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Where in WI?
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • imsjry
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Where in WI?

The Appleton Oshkosh area.
  • imsjry
    These sold on Marketplace.