Is 'Klipsch' a dirty word on this site ?

This is an addendum to my February post, Center channel speaker connection to vintage receiver ?

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Perhaps someone specialized in ancient languages can chime in here and help decipher your post...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Vanilla didn't censor it so you must be good!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Looks like you got plenty of good advice in your original thread. Not sure why you didn't simply continue posting in that one instead of starting this click bait thread.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boothroyd
    boothroyd Posts: 15
    Well, I bought a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers, RB-61 ii (discontinued) to improve my sound throughout the house. Which they do. I can hear them clearly wherever... BUT, i can't sit in front of them to listen to music. Too shrill, Too strident.
    My Polk RTi-A3's are much better for up-front listening. But sound is muffled if I'm in the kitchen, bedroom, etc... i'm a senior, hearing loss, maybe ?
    Anyway... I played these Klipsch's softly, gently for 3 weeks or so. Then played a Black Sabbath cd. Moody Blues cd. And a Telarc sampler cd.
    Powerful orchestral music, pipe organ music causes the horn tweeters to sound distorted, buzzing, crackling. Even a Bach organ recital from my TV (Pandora) 'broke up' on the tweeters.
    Did I trash these speakers, or what ?
    My equipment : HK 490i receiver. Rated @ 30 WPC (35 years old)
    Onkyo c-7030 CD player.
    Fos-power RCA cables.
    Monoprice 14 ga pure copper speaker wire (with Banana plugs)
    Samsung TV optical to 'Prozor' optical/analog converter to receiver.
    Help needed. ( F-y-B are you there)

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    The horns of your Klipsch speakers will penetrate through lead walls which is why they sound good other than being in front of them. Also the early HK stuff was kind of bright in my opinion which makes them sound so good with soft dome tweeters. I have friends that fabbed up a piece of foam that they stuff in the horn of their Klipsch's to tone down the highs for 2 channel listening.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Nay want to try a speaker selector. In front of speakers select the Polks, out of room the Klipsh.

Just thinking you don’t want speakers in various rooms, but there are AVR’s that will allow you play multiple sets of speakers independent or at the same time.