Tom Petty - The Best of Everything - limited edition clear vinyl set

Got this new box set in today. This set was just released today and I preordered the limited edition clear vinyl set from the Tom Petty store. The clear edition is only available from the Tom petty store. Really cool set! Listening to side a as I type!

zbxly1pf7y5c.jpeg
s6ezj63vej91.jpeg
2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    I'm also interested in this release....how does it sound? All my other TP music is well done and I'm assuming these are no exception?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    It sounds fantastic! Very quiet and enjoyable to listen to. I’m using a modest setup so I can’t give you an absolute definitive answer but to my ear in the current system it is some of the best sounding vinyl I have bought

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • muncybob
    Just ordered yesterday. Reviews at Hoffman's forum are all excellent too.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • muncybob
    Finally had time last night to sit down and listen. These are the first Petty records for me, the rest have been cds. If the other releases on vinyl sound like these then I need to pick them up.

Very happy with these except you would have thought they would have provided better sleeves, the cardboard ones are nice to look at but debris inside each of them requires a cleaning before playing. Now that they are each cleaned and in anti static sleeves I cannot fit everything back in the "box".

More listening time tonight, I hope.
  • stangman67
    I put Mofi sleeves inside the original cardboard sleeves and everything fits in the original case just fine!

• stangman67
    Also glad you are happy with the sound quality! These quickly became my favorite records

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I like the clear vinyl
  • muncybob
    I can't fit the insert of all the albums into the box with the MoFi sleeves inside the originals.
    BTW, I think your gear is a step up from modest.
  • stangman67
    I see, mine somehow works like that! And thanks, What is listed in my sig is mostly in storage right now. Running a Rega P6 and Klipsch “the sixes” right now in my temporary “home” in Rhode Island. Still sounds pretty darn good.

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    A P6 with Ania and fono is not really “modest” for a tt setup Zach ;)
  • muncybob
    So I have a problem with the Wildflowers track. There is a distorted clicking sound, primarily when the guitar strings are picked. I sent an email to the Petty Store and got a prompt response that they would refund the $$, I replied I don't want my $$ back, just want the track to play properly.

Just got an email, sending me a new set....not just the record with the track but a complete set! Hats off to their customer service. I think I'll gift the old set to my BIL, he's got a low end system and really doesn't sit to listen and probably won't notice the problem.
  • stangman67
    Mine does the same thing! I wonder if it’s a master problem. I’ll contact them anyways

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    muncybob wrote: »
    BTW, I think your gear is a step up from modest.

That's what she said! B)

• imsjry
    imsjry Posts: 120
    Now we just need "Wildflowers" on Vinyl!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    It is on vinyl. I have a copy of the original vinyl. I think they just re-released it not that long ago.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    ^^^ Looks like they've dragged their feet on the reissue of Wildflowers on vinyl, unless you want to get the complete album box set reissue on vinyl. Or you could pop for an original vinyl for the crazy money they want now. Ha. (Mine is still sealed.)