Are these desirable?

I haven’t owned any SDAs. Are these desirable? 7nlcmxgvcg20.jpeg
Living Room
Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables

Best Answers

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,451
    Answer ✓
    The SDA 2b or 1c or CRS+ would be a speakers id recommend as great flexible speakers that are easy to drive with "most" receivers & amplifiers & worth the coin to upgrade.
    Randy/Maine
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Woodland Hills, right off the 101 @Valley Circle. If you want to try SDA, I will keep a look out for a set up here. Hopefully some 1c’s will come around. I may even be able to pick them up for you and hold them until you can come up.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    Not really.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Google the specs and reviews.. then go buy them..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    But for that price I guarantee they won't sound bad! I have 2 pair myself.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    How do you have 350+ posts here and not know the answer to this question? It is time you try some SDAs, if for no other reason, just to say you have owned/heard them.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    jdjohn wrote: »
    How do you have 350+ posts here and not know the answer to this question? It is time you try some SDAs, if for no other reason, just to say you have owned/heard them.

I know. I jumped in 2016 with the RTi series seeking advice and ended up with s60s and 703s and a bunch of other gear but yet to get some SDAs. I guess I am a new school Polk fan though I am old.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office

• nooshinjohn
    It’s a bit of a haul for you, but you are welcome to come by and hear what SDA’s are all about.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rburgess714
    It’s a bit of a haul for you, but you are welcome to come by and hear what SDA’s are all about.

That’s a very generous offer. I may take you up on it at some point. You are in LA?
    Living Room

Office

• rburgess714
    Woodland Hills, right off the 101 @Valley Circle. If you want to try SDA, I will keep a look out for a set up here. Hopefully some 1c’s will come around. I may even be able to pick them up for you and hold them until you can come up.

Sending you a PM
    Living Room

Office

• nooshinjohn
    There is a set of 2b’s for sale in Placentia for 250. Those would be a great way to go.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    There is a set of 2b’s for sale in Placentia for 250. Those would be a great way to go.

Worth every penny.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,451
    as usual. Vanilla has screwed up another thread. The Accepted Answer thing is just stupid. It moves post around in a thread
    Randy/Maine
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,680
    edited March 2019
    Can't comment earlier?
    Vanilla should seriously consider a new flavor.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.